rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Treehouse
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Treehouse posted on Wed, Nov 27 2019 7:49 PM

Hello All,

First of all I am very grateful to have found this forum and have already signed up as a member.

Second, I made as extensive a search as possible, before posting this, to see if I could find the answer in previous responses, but could not. Hence this new post.

I am helping a friend to get her Beomaster 7000 / Beogram CD 7000 onto operation. It was used for years by other family members until about four years ago, then put into storage. I have found a Beo4 that must have been used with it, as no other remote is present. However, the Beo4 had no betteries in it (good thing, actually!) but now that I have but in fresh batteries, the remote is not "talking with" the 7000 units. I downloaded the PDF owner's manual for the Beo4 and it tells me to press LIST, then choose CONFIG?, but this choice does not appear. All I can see is OPTION?, ADD?, and REMOVE?

My intention is to program the remote for "audio systems other than 9000" but all of this is very confusing, and all I am capable of is doggedly following the instructions in the PDF of the owner's manual. Since I cannot seem to find CONFIG? I thought I would post here, either for an answer, or perhaps someone can direct me to a url that has straightforward instructions about how to do the programming.

With thanks, Bruce (and Katey, whose gear this is)

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,635 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Nov 27 2019 9:41 PM

Hi Bruce (and Katey) and welcome to Beoworld!  Hopefully we can resolve the problem!

Firstly, let's check that the Beo4 is actually transmitting the IR signal:  To do this, view the end of the Beo4 with the 'selfie' camera of a iPhone - you should be able to see faint lights at the end when you press any button on the remote.

Secondly, we need to check if the Beomaster is set up to receive the commands.  I think that the BM7000 has an Audio Option Zero (A.OPT 0), which means that it does not respond to IR commands.  It may have defaulted to this over the years for some reason.

To resolve this, firstly turn the BM7000 to standby/off - using the front panel buttons.

On the Beo4, press the POWER (red) button and LIST together.  Then press LIST until OPTION is shown, press GO (centre button), and then press LIST to show A.OPT.  Then press 1.  The power light on the BM7000 may blink to show that it has been accepted.

Now see if you can control the Beomaster using the remote.

(PS:  Don't worry about the lack of a CONFIG option on the Beo4 - I am not sure it is relevant in this case)

EDIT:  I just checked and 'CONFIG' was not available on early Beo4 remotes, but this won't be a factor in what you are trying to do, and you shoul dbe able to control the BM7000 regardless.

Treehouse
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Just wanted to signal that I am very grateful for this support. I have not yet replied with results because have not had a chance to go over to her place to try what you suggested. But shall report back once I do. Again, many thanks. Bruce

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,635 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Dec 2 2019 7:47 AM

No problem - I hope it is successful! Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL