Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 28 Replies | 0 Followers

All Replies

355f
Top 500 Contributor
cambridge/london
96 Posts
Bronze Member
355f replied on Tue, Nov 26 2019 4:37 PM

I am pleased that after one year his problem were solved.

I am sure you will agree At this premium level it should have been resolved within a week.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,713 Posts
Bronze Member

Duels:
moxxey:

I think Brexiteers like to tell us it's 'nothing to do with Brexit'. Well here's my theory from running online stores:

1) The GBP is terrible. This means buying products priced in EUR or DKK will be far worse than in 2016. ie. profit margin far lower. Back in early 2016 you could almost get 10DKK to 1GBP. It's been as low as 8DKK recently. EUR is even worse. Believe me, when running a business, this affects the bottom line. You must be incredibly naive to think it doesn't. And over time, this can't be sustained.

2) People are wary of the future. As a result, they aren't spending the big bucks so easily as they once were. It's hesitancy. This will affect a business selling luxury items within the UK.

So, yes, saying Brexit (or the causes of this) is an issue, is true. It's not just a headline for headline sake.

I have to say I agree with this.

And at the end of the day an experienced retailer like Mr Sykes should know whether it has affected his business or not.

I wonder why all the other stores around the world are closing then? 

Ban boring signatures!

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Tue, Nov 26 2019 7:45 PM

Don't you know? Brexit causes everything from global store closures, poor quality and warranty service, halitosis, and hair loss! There's nothing it doesn't do!

Personally, I blame the Illuminati. Or rather, the Illuminaughti.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,467 Posts
Bronze Member
Puncher:

Ban boring signatures!

Exactly. Smacks of that prat Oliver blaming his crap restaurants closing on Brexit. Most were in France!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7729607/Goldman-Sachs-urges-investors-buy-British-shares.html

Originally read this in the Times but can’t find it.

Beovision 11-55, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,387 Posts
Gold Member

Jeff:

Don't you know? Brexit causes everything from global store closures, poor quality and warranty service, halitosis, and hair loss! There's nothing it doesn't do!

Personally, I blame the Illuminati. Or rather, the Illuminaughti.

Good one, Jeff Big Smile

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,883 Posts
Gold Member

brexit aside, what has there been to sell really in the last 18-24 months? an edge?

Personally I feel it has been more the drought of products and very few flawlessly working ones over the last 2 years.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
617 Posts
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Wed, Nov 27 2019 3:02 PM
Mikipidia:

brexit aside, what has there been to sell really in the last 18-24 months? an edge?

BeoPlay in seasonal colours Stick out tongue

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,976 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Nov 27 2019 3:25 PM

Agreed, though I think that is arguably a bit generous.

There have been few new products, and when one of them, the Edge, makes little or no impact, then the brand loses any current excitement. 

And for all their talk about new products, outside of a sound bar, there is little to come any time soon. 

Lastly, there is a world of difference between not working flawlessly and beta releases with missing functionality, not addressed for many months.

OldJack
Top 200 Contributor
Split
365 Posts
Gold Member

Mikipidia:

Personally I feel it has been more the drought of products and very few flawlessly working ones over the last 2 years.

Hopefully,Stage will find  way to (new?) customers

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones E8,A8,A9 keyring,Beoplay A1,Bottle opener,Beoplay A2 active(thanks Botty)Wine Set(thanks Botty),4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,883 Posts
Gold Member
I sure hope so as the stage is brilliant and so is the harmony, but the drought was real. I think if they can continue like this they’ll be ok.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Nov 27 2019 7:40 PM

KMA:

BeoPlay in seasonal colours Stick out tongue

Big Smile

Careful, you'll give the more sensitive B&O lovers a case of the vapors!

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

BeoMatthew
Not Ranked
41 Posts
Bronze Member

It's been my experience selling B&O from the the end of 1999 until very recently that B&O has followed many of the wrong trends and where it's followed the right ones, it's been somewhat blindsided but the challenges of those parts of the business. 

Specifically that the high-ticket sales have trended more toward large custom installations rather than a few luxury items like expensive TVs & 2-channel speaker setups and they've basically either ignored, or in recent history, antagonized that channel. 

Then they've created some really fabulous bluetooth speakers and headphones but seemed to be shocked that they flood into the market and wind up getting marked down through online channels and brick & mortar B&O dealers are left as service points for broken headphones and dead speaker batteries as well as a place to try them on for size before ordering them off Amazon before even leaving the store. 

So while the products they have are pretty good, the holes in their lineup and their approach to core business and retail business are just goofy.

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
511 Posts
Silver Member

B&O should look into a tiered retail strategy - have a web store where someone can buy any product they choose and also schedule service etc. Have a store in a store type outlet where they focus on Bose/Sonos competitor line products and then have Beoplay and B&O Premium Stores. The premium stores can focus on the high end line. Also, they might want to work more closely with independent high end dealers etc.

I like their current products but there is almost no retail presence in the US. Also, from friends I heard that the experience in the ones that exist isn’t all that great since the dealers are not very knowledgeable or helpful. I haven’t been to one in a decade. There used to be one near me and they were very good. Almost all my B&O speakers other than the A9 was bought from them. At the time the customer service was really good.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,883 Posts
Gold Member
In an apple store

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL