rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Roger Webster
Not Ranked
Bristol UK
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger Webster posted on Fri, Nov 8 2019 7:49 PM

I am trying to get a B&O 1000 turntable going again for a friend. It was running but only just and very slowly. I warmed up the motor with a hair dryer and, while warm, it got up to speed. However as it cooled it slowed down again. I assume I am going to need to strip down the motor and clean and oil. I might have missed it - but I have looked for details of this procedure and I haven't been able to find them. This is my first encounter with one of these, so I don't want to guess my way into it if I don't have to. Could anyone point me at advice on this?

All Replies

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,330 Posts
Gold Member

Welcome to the forum, check here for disassembly you will probably have to infuse oil in the bearing, search the forum for how to

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Roger Webster
Not Ranked
Bristol UK
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello - thanks for the welcome and the reply. That appears to be a different motor in your photos. The one in the TT I am trying to repair has a rectangular casing. I would like to post photos - but I can't see an obvious way of doing so.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,330 Posts
Gold Member

Check here and then here

Roger Webster
Not Ranked
Bristol UK
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Blimey - steam driven server?? Hopefully I shall be able to load thanks to your detailed advice. It looks to me like I should undo the the slot head bolts to demount the motor (is there one missing - ie there should be 4?). What do I do about the speed adjust connector? Is it as it should be - it feels very tight? Will the motor come away without disturbing the linkages above it? I don't want to end up with a pile of loose components and no clue as to how to reassemble.Surprise

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,330 Posts
Gold Member

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,330 Posts
Gold Member

If I remember correctly you will have to disconnect the wires coming from the motor, then take off the 3 nuts for the motor chassis suspension and lift off the whole drive assembly, you will then be able to get at the drive cone and the nuts for the motor bolts, as my Bg is different, I cant help you much more with details, but someone else will surely post more help. there is a manual onsite for silver and gold members.

Be careful and take pics as you go, I would take apart the whole drive mechanism clean and lubricate everything. This operation is not for the fainthearted

For the fine speed control there should be a string with a spring connected from the control to the motor speed control wheel

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL