Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
268 Posts
Bronze Member
Tassos posted on Tue, Nov 5 2019 7:04 AM

Hello all,

I have been looking for a way to upgrade my surround speakers from a pair of CX100 driven from an ML/MCL converter to something more contemporary and potent. I already have a pair of Beolab 4000 which I really love and I think they would fit nicely (not only sound-wise) to my set-up. 

So the idea is that I install into the casing of the Beolab 4000 a Beolab receiver 1 and turn the 4000 into a wisa speaker so I don't need to run new cables through the walls. Does anyone know the pin-out of the transformer of the receiver? The cable ends to an rj11.

Thanks a lot 

Tasos

All Replies

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
376 Posts
Bronze Member

Sounds like a messy job. Why not just split the power cable from the wall to the 4000? you will reduce signal strength having it inside the 4000 cabinet

Jaardo
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Jaardo replied on Sat, Apr 3 2021 12:09 AM

Hi,

I just tried to connect a Beolab Receiver 1 to my Beolab 4000, and it unfortunately does not work. Can't explain why... 😔

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
673 Posts
Founder
Jaardo:

Hi,

I just tried to connect a Beolab Receiver 1 to my Beolab 4000, and it unfortunately does not work. Can't explain why... 😔

What is it connected to?
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
673 Posts
Founder
Tassos:

Hello all,

I have been looking for a way to upgrade my surround speakers from a pair of CX100 driven from an ML/MCL converter to something more contemporary and potent. I already have a pair of Beolab 4000 which I really love and I think they would fit nicely (not only sound-wise) to my set-up.

So the idea is that I install into the casing of the Beolab 4000 a Beolab receiver 1 and turn the 4000 into a wisa speaker so I don't need to run new cables through the walls. Does anyone know the pin-out of the transformer of the receiver? The cable ends to an rj11.

Thanks a lot

Tasos

I would not fit a Receiver 1 into a BL4000. It would block too much of the signal.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL