rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 1 Follower

caiusbonus
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
caiusbonus posted on Sun, Oct 20 2019 11:03 AM

Hey,

I recently purchased a Beocenter 2 in order to replace my old DVD 1 to combine with Beovision 8-40. I have been using them with Beo 4 (older version). I have connected the Beocenter to Beovision with masterlink and scart-cable. I have pair of Beolab 6000s connected with the Beocenter.

I have the following issue: If I press "CD" in Beo 4, the Beocenter starts the DVD and I can start watching the DVD. However, I cannot access the on-screen menus for the DVD-player at the Beovision where I should be able to change sound, picture etc. settings for the DVD. The Beovision activates the scart-slot (AV4) when I press the "DVD"-button, but Beocenter does not react at all. When it says "CD" on the BEO4 and press the volume-button, it adjusts the beolabs and when "DVD" it adjusts volume on the Beovision. 

I have tried the program option with BEO4: "list -> option --> 1,2 etc." but nothing seems to synchronize the Beovision properly with the Beocenter. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,006 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Oct 20 2019 12:16 PM

I would check the OPT settings again.

TV should be in V.OPT 1

BC2 should be in A.OPT 1

The above settings are done with the system in standby.  With those option settings the TV will only react to 'video' commands (but will communicate with the BC2 over ML to get the DVD to play), and the BC2 will only react to 'audio' commands.

Then I reckon you should be selecting/controlling DVD with the DVD button rather than CD.

(EDIT: I forgot to say welcome to Beoworld! Smile)

caiusbonus
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for your reply. I have tried TV  in V.OPT 1 and B BC2beoventer in A.OPT 1. , but does not seem to make any difference.

Do I have to adjust the options separately to bv and BC -- first choosing TV on beo4 and then v.opt 1 (anything for a.opt?) And then choosing Cd in beo4 and a.opt 1 for BC? How could I make the BC to recognize The dvd-button on Beo4?

Warm thanks for welcoming :)

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,006 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Oct 21 2019 7:21 PM

caiusbonus:

Do I have to adjust the options separately to bv and BC -- first choosing TV on beo4 and then v.opt 1 (anything for a.opt?) And then choosing Cd in beo4 and a.opt 1 for BC?

No, you should set the options with the complete system in standby (i.e off!)

Thus the BC will only respond to the A.OPT setting process, and the BV will only respond to the V.OPT setting process - if it's like my BV6 you will see a flash from the TV's status light to confirm the option setting.

The BC does not have to receive the DVD 'request' direct from the Beo4 - it gets the request from the BV via the ML cable.

caiusbonus
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

The BC responds when setting the A.OPT setting with flashing red light. But when I try the same with BV, it does not seem to respond (no flashing when I try to set up the V.OPT 1 (or 0 or 2 or 4 etc.).

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,006 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Oct 22 2019 10:03 AM

Hmmm. I'm running out of ideas!

A thought: Have a look in the Customer Service Menu.  This is accessed in TV SETUP by pressing RED and GO while the cursor is over the CONNECTIONS field.

Then select MONITOR information.

Two things to look at:

- The Option Setting should be shown - what does it say?

- Further down the list, what is to the right of SYSTEM MODULE (a SW version, or n/a?)

I think you use EXIT to get out of this menu, or perhaps simply power off.

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
588 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Tue, Oct 22 2019 11:45 AM

Hi,

first define the devices connected to the BV-40, i.e.  AV4 ->DVD -> DVD-Type->BC2 and everything else connected.

now the BV 8-40 should be set to V.OPT 2 and the BC2 should be set to A.OPT 0 while both systems are in standby.

After setting the options it should work. If disconnect the TV and the BC from the mains, wait a minute and then reconnect first the TV, wait a minute and then reconnect the BC2 to the mains.

The Masterlink cable should be connected all the time during this power cycle.

After every device has booted, it should work flawlessly: pressing DVD should activate the BC2 and play the DVD inserted, including the menu controls.

Ralph-Marcus

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,006 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Oct 22 2019 12:14 PM

@ Ralph-Marcus:  I stated OPT.1 for both because he has the Beolabs connected direct to Beocenter, rather than the TV.

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
588 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Tue, Oct 22 2019 1:37 PM

Ah, reading the initial posting again i now see this fact Smile

This configuation is also possible, then as you said: V.OPT 1 and A.OPT 1 is the correct setting. But setting the TVs connection properly and powercycling should help to get the devices acting as they should do.

Ralph-Marcus

caiusbonus
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for all of you for the tips: I finally managed to get it working.

V.OPT 1 and A.OPT1. And booting BV and BC. For some reason I also had to change SCART cable from AV4 to AV2 in order to get it running properly, but now it works as it should be. My sincere thanks for your tips!

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,006 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, Oct 22 2019 5:45 PM

Great news - thanks for letting us know! Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL