Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,299 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris Townsend posted on Tue, Oct 8 2019 9:05 PM
Hello all

I’ve got a black Eclipse and with an oak fret, but my Beolab 17s that currently are paired with it are silver. I’ll be shortly moving out to the Middle East and I’m supplied accommodation and furniture. There’s a tv table in the living room but nowhere I can place the 17s, apart from sitting on the table right next to the Eclipse.

At the moment the 17s are on shelves almost out of sight, but the nerd in me just won’t be able to look at a black BeoVision, with silver 17s next to it. Normally that wouldn’t really be a problem but as I’m well aware they do come in black, and it’s the sort of nonsense that’ll keep me up at night.

Can the 17s be rehoused ie swapping their silver containers for black ones easily?

Geoff, these are REALLY good speakers.

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

All Replies

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
130 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Tue, Oct 8 2019 9:42 PM
Paint them black.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,299 Posts
Bronze Member
I could paint the tv silverYes - thumbs up

trackbeo
Top 500 Contributor
226 Posts
Bronze Member

Automotive wraps: matte charcoal grey.  Easier to fix than paint screw-ups...  (But don't tell the Queen of Hearts.  "Off with his head!")

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,299 Posts
Bronze Member
Problem is the other nerd in my head will always know they aren’t really black, and start trolling the other nerd that wants black ones.[:\'(]

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,342 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
Hello all

I’ve got a black Eclipse and with an oak fret, but my Beolab 17s that currently are paired with it are silver. I’ll be shortly moving out to the Middle East and I’m supplied accommodation and furniture. There’s a tv table in the living room but nowhere I can place the 17s, apart from sitting on the table right next to the Eclipse.

At the moment the 17s are on shelves almost out of sight, but the nerd in me just won’t be able to look at a black BeoVision, with silver 17s next to it. Normally that wouldn’t really be a problem but as I’m well aware they do come in black, and it’s the sort of nonsense that’ll keep me up at night.

Can the 17s be rehoused ie swapping their silver containers for black ones easily?

Geoff, these are REALLY good speakers

Reading your post makes me think of the many comment here that B&O becomes, when they release a ‘well-known’ product in a new colour.

Some even call it ridiculous.

Your question however, shows that colours/having colour options is important. In fact this is one of the good things about the B&O product - and something where they are experts.

Today we want our products to blend in with or be a part of our furniture or decoration in our homes.

I am convinced that it will only be a matter of costs, if you want to change the housing of your 17’s - asking a dealer will show.

Good luck with your move to the Middle East - hope all will be well there.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

djfairley89
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi Chris, it can be done but it’s around £700 for the two shells plus a fitting cost. If you kept the Original boxes then I could get them collected, changed and returned within about a week. I’ll ask our engineer for his labour cost and get back to you tomorrow. Glad to hear that you are still enjoying them and all the best in your new role! Feel free to ring me at the store to discuss further

David B&O Glasgow
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,299 Posts
Bronze Member
Or I could just buy that other black pair I think you have......

djfairley89
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member
Well you know that isn’t a bad idea either. I don’t have any pre owned right now but hey, theres always a deal on the ex demo ones Big Smile after all, you’ll want some nice sound when you visit back home so connect a Core up to those silver ones and you’re sorted!
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,299 Posts
Bronze Member
We are moving out lock stock and barrel for about 9 years. Part of the deal is we get a house, bills payed and a Phillipino maidWhistle

djfairley89
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member
Superb, you’ve negotiated a good package thereWink! All the best to you all. If I can be of any assistance meantime please reach out
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,299 Posts
Bronze Member

Cheers, I willYes - thumbs up

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL