Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Issue with AppleTV after upgrade to tvOS 13

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 57 Replies | 4 Followers

ibg001
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 posted on Sun, Sep 29 2019 6:36 PM

After upgrade of my Apple TV HD to iOS 13 my BeoVision 8 will no longer turn on the Apple TV.

If I turn on my Apple TV with the Apple Remote then I can use BeoRemote One to navigate on the Apple TV. So it is not a cable issue. It only turn on and turn off that does not work.

Any ideas? 

All Replies

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
674 Posts
Founder
Try pressing the green button after selecting the AppleTV on your remote
ibg001
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Sun, Sep 29 2019 7:11 PM

It is not working. 

There is also an issue with turning the Apple TV off after the TvOS upgrade. It turns off and then on again.  

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
473 Posts
Gold Member
Since the atv is not very power hungry, I keep mine on all the time.
StephenJCW
Not Ranked
Melbourne AU
11 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by StephenJCW

I have the exact same issue with the iOS 13 upgrade to my Apple TV on my Beovision 14. It wont power up from the PUC / IR Blaster - but once on from the Apple Remote it will take commands from the BeoRemote One via the PUC / IR Blaster... also no response from the suggestion of the Green button (but thanks for the suggestion).

However, I could power up the Apple TV if I selected Apple TV on the BeoRemote One, then hit LIST and selected HOME on the BeoRemote display!! So it is an extra step, but it does mean I don't have to use two different remotes.

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
43 Posts
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 11:05 AM

Same problem here.

Are the PUC codes still being updated?

ibg001
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 11:56 AM

Perhaps something is changed on Apple TV in connection with the new control Center window. 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,895 Posts
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 12:11 PM

Just press “back” or “exit” twice. 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,852 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 12:16 PM

Even multiple presses on the "back" button no longer always works. The green button must often be pressed. Something has definitely changed with the update.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
674 Posts
Founder

I forwarded a bug report to B&O's BeoCare... Let's see what happens..

Karel.

ibg001
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 12:27 PM

It will probably not help to submit a support case to B&O due the fact that customer service could be better. If they even can understand the issue. 😀

ibg001
Not Ranked
75 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Mon, Sep 30 2019 12:39 PM

Anyway I have submitted a case. #190930-000256

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,895 Posts
Founder

As TS mentioned, Apple has updated their OS to version 13.

My ATV4K didn't react either after the update. (connected to BS3 based BV9)

When I switch on the BV9 with the DVD (ATV) instruction, the screen stays blank. When I press Menu and then the green button, it also powers up the ATV. But pressing the "exit"  button twice, gives the same reaction and works a bit faster. But nevertheless, it proves that not every update will be an improvement. The same happened with tvOS 12 where it killed the passthrough feature from the installed Kodi

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
674 Posts
Founder

My support case #190930-000406

Karel.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
674 Posts
Founder
Received feedback:

“Our back-office just informed us that the issues you are experiencing with the peripheral unit control function is most likely connected to an old PUC code being used.

The correct code is "Apple Remote 4th gen from OS13" - the old PUC code does no longer work after the new OS launched, as Apple changed the on/off commands for the Apple TV. The new PUC code is already available for download.”
Page 1 of 4 (58 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL