rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 77 Replies | 4 Followers

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
479 Posts
Gold Member
Fansastic posted on Sat, Sep 28 2019 9:48 AM
Dear members, are more Moment owners currently experiencing problems with the artist covers for their DLNA music collection? Also the inner circle of the moodwheel is unavailable.

Since a week or so I experience this problem and want to know if this is a fault on B&O side or that this service (through gracenote i thought) has been terminated.

Thanks for sharing your experiences

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

David Coyne
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
304 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by laseralex

Comrades,

I share this, not to go over old ground or my old posts but hopefully to be of assistance. Unfortunately I experienced similar problems some 9 months ago. I wrote to beocare on a number of occasions and received no reply. I then escalated to the CEO on three occasions and eventually had a teleconference established with two staff in Denmark.  We tried playing with a number of workarounds, TWONKY, NAS etc.

At one point I had most of my artist and album cover art displaying 90% correctly for about 5 weeks, The Moodwheel never worked properly, though that wasn't a deal breaker for me, Then came various software updates and we were back to square one. I raised the issue again, the replies from Denmark ceased. My dealer's technical staff also tried to get responses and it all went silent. During this whole process of problems I actually had three Moments, B&O suggesting they were faulty and a new one would rectify the problems,  At the same time Bang and Olufsen were closing all stores in Australia and I decided to return my Moment and get a refund as I didn't trust Denmark to assist with any issues, once the Australian stores were closed.

I did persist with the Moment for over 12 months, hence the three new units. They never worked properly and I spent every weekend trying to reload music , replace artwork, re organise the set up. I stopped enjoying the music because it was constantly not working properly. Up until that point I probably naively thought B&O in Denmark cared about customer service. I've had a number of B&O music players- the beocenter 2, Beosound 5 and the Moment. The moment was the most problematic yet had the most potential. Each product eventually became obsolete because of software issues. I only had my Beosound 5 for 18 months before it was essentially obsolete as anything more than a music server.

I still love the products but will not buy a music system again nor do I have faith in B&Os software development/ management capability. Though to be fair the B&O App has been stable lately and I run my whole music system  from that App. (Attn Mr Andersson).

In short I wouldn't bother with the Moment, it will frustrate you no end.

My final word on the matter is my absolute disappointment in the lack of response from Denmark. I think they gave up too, on the Moment but also responding to complaints and trying to spin the 'Emperors New clothes'.

David

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

All Replies

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
479 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01:

There is nothing you can do yourself, it’s an issue between B&O and Gracenote.

I suggest you raise a complaint to B&O through their support page like I did mid September. BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BG 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

I’ve dropped my question to B&O Support team through the app two times without any feedback whatsoever. Today I used the web form on the website for contacting support team. Hope this is more efficient and that they come up with a solution.

The B&O support seems to be completely off radar, not even a automated confirmation of the initial post...with all troubles they are facing this should be the more easy aspects of their business to manage properly. Very disappointed at this m(M)oment

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,431 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Oct 14 2019 12:07 PM

Fansastic:

I’ve dropped my question to B&O Support team through the app two times without any feedback whatsoever. Today I used the web form on the website for contacting support team. Hope this is more efficient and that they come up with a solution.

Reporting issues through the app, or hrough Testflight for beta users, is completely useless according to my experience. Surprisingly, this forum is where we receive more feedback from B&O ...

@MrAndersen: maybe you should clarify this point? (I guess some B&O employees read many, if not all, of our posts)

FYi: I chased B&O last week again as my suspicion about a broken relationship between B&O and Gracenote is growing.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
479 Posts
Gold Member
Just received message from B&O support that this matter is know by them and they are investigating the issue. Until a solution is found they advice a factory reset for the Moment. This seems to help on many occasions, but not always.

I’ll try this and hope it helps. Meanwhile I hope they find a solution in short time.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,431 Posts
Gold Member
Fansastic:

Until a solution is found they advice a factory reset for the Moment. This seems to help on many occasions, but not always.

I received the same message ..... but my issue appeared after a factory reset Big Smile so I’ll wait for a fix, it’s now more than one month I raised it.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,431 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Oct 28 2019 11:19 AM
Does anyone have any productive answer from B&O rel. the Gracenote / B&O broken link or relationship that is impacting all Moment users ?

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
479 Posts
Gold Member
My case should have been forwarded to the correct persons within B&O care and awaiting reaction. Still in the dark unfortunately

benjnz
Top 500 Contributor
86 Posts
Bronze Member
benjnz replied on Mon, Oct 28 2019 2:57 PM

Well hopefully things will be fixed in the end.I've just got my Moment back for a second time, as both times is failed apparently PCB 999 so will see how it works.

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
479 Posts
Gold Member
Just received word that a fix is in progress:

—-

As of now, our back office is working diligently on a new software update to resolve the issue with the BS Moment. It has the highest priority in our management team, we ask for your patience and apologies on this matter.

Currently, we do not have a fixed date of the new software release, but once we have the news of it, we will certainly notify you.

—-

Lets hope a quick release will be pushed out soon.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,431 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Oct 30 2019 10:52 AM

Fansastic:
Lets hope a quick release will be pushed out soon.

Thanks for the update, fingers crossed!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,124 Posts
Bronze Member

That sounds encouraging, indeed.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,431 Posts
Gold Member
Does anybody has encouraging feedback from B&O about the Gracenote issue? On my side I still receive what they call themselves « canned responses ».

It is now two months since I raised the issue to them.

(Sorry I posted this message on another thread too, but I meant this one initially)

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
479 Posts
Gold Member
Latest update from B&O support:

—-

We would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience that you have experienced thus far.

We have received feedback from our Headquarters and the team has informed us that our development team is currently in the testing phase of the new update. Unfortunately, during this time, we are unable to provide a timeline for when this will be completed.

We do apologise for the inconvenience, and we do appreciate your patience during this phase.

—-

Seems to be small, slow but sure steps to a fix.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,431 Posts
Gold Member
@Fantastic - Thanks for the update.

IA64
Top 500 Contributor
127 Posts
Bronze Member
IA64 replied on Fri, Dec 27 2019 12:42 AM

I also raised the issue to B&O however the support replied the below : 

Does anybody know which firmware version B&O is pushing through their end ? Because as far as I know, the 2.2.2636 and 3900 is the latest stable one. 

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Netherlands
479 Posts
Gold Member
IA64:

I also raised the issue to B&O however the support replied the below :

Does anybody know which firmware version B&O is pushing through their end ? Because as far as I know, the 2.2.2636 and 3900 is the latest stable one.

I have version 2.2.2.3900 - 2.2.31594.26265250

This version has been pushed by B&O a time ago when there was a problem with the ML/NL converter playing Multiroom session.

B&O states that the new fix will solve Deezer problems but not Moodwheel problems. I do not know of any Deezer problems as the problems are with Gracenote and DLNA content.

I will contact support also again.

Page 2 of 6 (78 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL