rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
Posts 1,483
Gold Member
Craig Posted: Sat, Sep 21 2019 9:56 AM

Well....spotted this on ebay and for the princely sum of £63 acquired it! sold as spares/repair of course....seller identified as working but with issues around lamps and tuning meter malfunction. Following a visual inspection powered up gingerly from the variac….

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
Posts 1,483
Gold Member

True to its description it did actually function, the stereo lamp wasn't working and the tuning meter, or as much as was visible, was also skipping around. Connected a decent antenna to it and adjusted the stereo and muting settings and away it went.

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
Posts 1,483
Gold Member

Dirty and dusty in there as one would expect......but actually functions pretty well, will need the usual components replacing. More of a concern is the tuning meter front lens.

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
Posts 1,483
Gold Member

This has been subject to a bit of UV damage I think....it's cloudy as opposed to marked, bit like the sliders on the Beomaster amps...

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
Posts 1,483
Gold Member

I'm hoping someone out there will have a meter that's damaged/broken but with a clear lens I can purchase? I will drop Frede a line.....maybe he has one squirrelled away someplace..... 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL