Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 31 Replies | 0 Followers

Geoff Martin
Top 150 Contributor
Struer, Denmark
578 Posts
Bronze Member
Geoff Martin posted on Thu, Sep 12 2019 12:13 PM

Hi,

I'm lazily looking for the quickest way to get some information I need... and I suspect that the solution lies here in BeoWorld...

The setup:

• Today, the volume control standard (on, for example, a BeoVision television) ranges from 0 to 90 with a step size (resolution) of 1.
  • Once-upon-a-time, that range was 0 to 72 with a step size of 2 (even-numbers only).
  • Before that, it was 0.0 to 6.0 (e.g. BeoMaster 9000)

My questions:

1. What were the first and last B&O products released with the 0 to 72 standard?
  2. Other than the BeoMaster 9000, were there other B&O  products that used the 0.0 to 6.0 standard?
  3. Were there other scales on other products? Or was everything else an analogue knob/slider?
  4. What was the step size of the BeoMaster 9000?

Thanks for your help!

-geoff

All Replies

Geoff Martin
Top 150 Contributor
Struer, Denmark
578 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Beojeff,

Maybe it's me who is confused... Isn't the source-dependent gain offset available in the Eclipse an example of what you're asking for?

cheers
-g 

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,684 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Tue, Sep 24 2019 10:28 PM

Geoff Martin:

Hi Beojeff,

Maybe it's me who is confused... Isn't the source-dependent gain offset available in the Eclipse an example of what you're asking for?

cheers
-g 

That sounds like a step in the right direction. However, I don't have an Eclipse and none of my very large collection of both ML and NL products have such a solution. I would think that a solution in the B&O app for us to make such adjustments to the configuration of any NL product would be a good idea.

Page 3 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL