Beocenter 9000 pre out to Beocenter 2

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

gadmin
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
gadmin posted on Sun, Aug 11 2019 10:56 PM

Hi all, My current system is a Becenter 2 with Beolab 3 speakers, I also have a Beocenter 9000 with Beogram 3300. I was wondering if I could link the Beocenter 9000 via the pre amp out to the line in on the Beocenter 2, mainly so I can play vinyl and the odd cassette through the Beocenter 2 AUX input.

Thanks

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,583 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, Aug 12 2019 10:10 AM

You should be able to use either the BC9000's TAPE 2 or AUX socket to supply a line-out to the BC2.

I would use one of these cables: https://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/154-2336-5-pin-din-to-4-x-rca-input-and-output-cable-for-bo-naim-quad.html#/2-length-1m

And connect to the AUX IN phono sockets on the BC2 socket unit.

Volume will be controlled by the BC2.

(You could also use the BC9000's LINE OUT phono sockets, but in this case you'd have double volume control (both units) and would have to make sure levels were correct)

gadmin
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
gadmin replied on Tue, Aug 13 2019 11:12 PM

Thanks for the reply Guy, I presume when you say use the BC9000 line out that this is the Pre out ? I will test this but I think having as you said double volume may get annoying especially when using the remote as both system will be in the same room. I think the better option will be to use the AUX or Tape 2 on the BC9000 to the Aux in on the BC2., would I need the 5 pin DIN to 4 RCA or just 5 pin DIN to two RCA ? as the BC2 only has one AUX input with two RCA connections.

Thanks

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,583 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Aug 14 2019 9:36 AM

Yes I meant the pre-out.  If you use this you could avoid the 'double volume' by putting one of the units in A.OPT 0 so that it does not respond to the remote.

You just need a 5 pin DIN to 2 phono, but you would then need to ensure that the connections in the 5 pin DIN are to the output (rather than input) pins.  I suggested the 4 RCA/phono version so that you could cover all options and be sure of being able to connect correctly (i.e to the RCA pair that is outputting from the BC9000.)

gadmin
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member
gadmin replied on Wed, Aug 21 2019 11:37 PM

Thanks for the Info Guy. I managed to test this using the pre out on the BC9000, this went to an RCA switch then to the BC2, this worked fine although as you said, I did get the double volume. I presume I will have to set the A.OPT to 0 on the BC9000 (not sure how to do this but will try and figure it out) The sound quality was not that great though when connected and testing, I think this may be due to using cheap RCA cables, I do have some high quality Ixos cables so will test these when I get time. I also had to replace the belts on the CD and Tape doors as these were juddering when opening and closing as the BC9000 has not been used for a while.

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,583 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Aug 22 2019 10:01 AM

To set A.OPT 0. 

Firstly make sure that the BC9000 is at standby, and that the BC2 is unplugged from the mains (otherwise you will put that in A.OPT 0 also!)

If using a BL1000 remote, simply press SOUND 0 STORE

If using a Beo4 remote, press the POWER button and LIST together.  Then press LIST until OPTION is shown, press GO (centre button), and then press LIST to show A.OPT.  Then press 0.  The power light on the BC9000 may blink to show that it has been accepted.

(To revert to 'normal', repeat either of above and substitute 1 (or 2) for the 0)

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,583 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Thu, Aug 22 2019 10:03 AM

I meant to add, to improve the sound quality, try setting the BC9000 volume quite high (al least the middle of the volume range) and then adjust the master volume using the BC2.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL