Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 41 Replies | 6 Followers

tlk
Not Ranked
Denmark
26 Posts
Bronze Member
tlk posted on Fri, Aug 9 2019 12:15 PM

Hi there,

I thought it would be nice to be able to remote control my Beoplay M5 speakers from macOS, so I created a little proof-of-concept tool to be able to do just that. The code is available at https://github.com/tlk/beoplay-macos-remote-gui and you need to build the software yourself with the latest XCode beta if you want to try it out.

With this little tool it is no longer necessary to reach out for your phone (and open the B&O app) to adjust the spotify volume or stop/start a tuneIn radio station - just scroll the little volume slider in the mac status menu or use the keyboard shortcuts.

I previously asked for suggestions on how to remote control the Beoplay volume over at Spotify, and it seems like other people have been looking for something similar.

Would it by any chance be possible for B&O to consider making a functionally similar piece of software available through the MacOS Appstore?

Best regards,

Thomas

Screenshot:

All Replies

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,953 Posts
Bronze Member

I love the idea. I use an iMac at work and listen to music over an M5 at work. I dislike using the Deezer app on my mac to stream to the M5 via Airplay. Direct control from my desktop would be ideal.

Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Aug 9 2019 7:02 PM

Wow! I want this! Pity I can’t code. :)

Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Aug 9 2019 7:02 PM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,481 Posts
Bronze Member

Splendid idea!!!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
tlk:
With this little tool it is no longer necessary to reach out for your phone (and open the B&O app) to adjust the spotify volume or stop/start a tuneIn radio station - just scroll the little volume slider in the mac status menu or use the keyboard shortcuts.

Superb! I was looking for something like this since a while! I'm not a coder, but I understand enough to make it work on my Mac! You made my day, many thanks!

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

tlk
Not Ranked
Denmark
26 Posts
Bronze Member
tlk replied on Thu, Nov 7 2019 4:31 PM

Great to hear! Thank you for the feedback and screenshot!

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
232 Posts
Gold Member

This is spectacular!

Does anybody know how to write a Windows equivalent?

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 2x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound 2 • 1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  16x* Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

* Yes, really! 🤦‍♂️

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
tlk:

Great to hear! Thank you for the feedback and screenshot!

Your are welcome! Thanks to you I have also found and tried the Home Assistant B&O integration, very interesting !

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

tlk
Not Ranked
Denmark
26 Posts
Bronze Member
tlk replied on Tue, Dec 10 2019 9:28 PM

beojeff:

I love the idea. I use an iMac at work and listen to music over an M5 at work. I dislike using the Deezer app on my mac to stream to the M5 via Airplay. Direct control from my desktop would be ideal.

The macOS app does not support browsing Deezer playlists, but it does support skipping tracks, adjusting the volume etc when a Deezer playlist has already been "sent" to the B&O device (fx from the iOS app).

My B&O device is listed under https://www.deezer.com/account/apps but not as a device under https://www.deezer.com/account/devices 

I wonder if it is possible to control the Deezer play queue on B&O devices by anything else than the B&O app?

tlk
Not Ranked
Denmark
26 Posts
Bronze Member
tlk replied on Tue, Dec 10 2019 9:40 PM

1990:

I have added some rudimentary notes on how to download the app without having to build it with Xcode. There will be warnings about unknown developer etc as I do not have an Apple Developer Program membership. Also, please keep in mind this is very much still a proof of concept thing.

Best regards,

Thomas

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
tlk:

Also, please keep in mind this is very much still a proof of concept thing.

A POC that does the job!

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,953 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Sep 19 2020 11:31 AM

I though I would revive this thread since it's being discussed in another thread and needs its own thread for discussion.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,953 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sat, Sep 19 2020 11:34 AM

I can get this working on my mac. However, there are no sources. Nor is there a TuneIn entry or dropdown list. It would be nice to have a "preferences" option. Also, it's a bit annoying that the window disappears after every click on an entry. It would be nice to keep the window up until we're finished with it.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Sep 19 2020 12:09 PM

beojeff:
I can get this working on my mac. However, there are no sources. Nor is there a TuneIn entry or dropdown list. It would be nice to have a "preferences" option. Also, it's a bit annoying that the window disappears after every click on an entry. It would be nice to keep the window up until we're finished with it.

All the above have been fixed in the latest iteration. Unfortunately the developer has not built a DMG from it so you have to compile it yourself assuming you have installed Xcode previously and that you have basic understanding on how to use it, like I have. 

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL