rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

choc611
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member
choc611 posted on Tue, Aug 6 2019 10:24 PM

Hello all,

I have a very old Sony HP-211 i just purchased and wondered how i would connect it up to my Beolab 6000 speakers? I can't seem to attach a photo because the format of the picture i've taken on my Iphone won't upload but there are photo's online/i would be able to email them to anyone wanting to see if they are willing to be emailed by me. 

I have an attenuated converter kit (from soundsheavily) and the line in cables so i was wondering if it were as simple as connecting the attenuated speaker cables into the back of the Sony then the RCA's to the Beo's and away i go? 

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie 

All Replies

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
807 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Wed, Aug 7 2019 11:32 AM
Hi Charlie, yes, it should be that easy. Connect the attenuator box to the speaker output of the Sony and the RCA cables from the box output to the BL6000s. Start with the volume control set low to be sure you don’t overload the BLs.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,508 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Charlie,

Yes, as Dom mentioned that should all be fine.  Please follow the instructions sheet that I included with the attenuator and they should detail everything that you need to do.  Please ask if you need any help.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

choc611
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply. Quick one for you, got it all hooked up and working but only one of the speakers is working when the RCA’s are plugged in. Then, if I switch the cables from oneto the other, the other speaker works. Do you there there’s something wrong with attenuator? I have turned the min/max up and down on both sides and one works and the other definitely doesn’t so it much be that no?

choc611
Not Ranked
12 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks a lot Dom!

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
1,508 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems.

Please can you email me directly via my website at https://soundsheavenly.com so that I can help you to get everything working?

Kind regards Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
1,508 Posts
Gold Member

Hi choc611,

Thanks for your direct message, I gather that the attenuator is about 3 years old but I will be happy to honour the warranty on this item.  I've emailed you with details of how to return this for replacement under warranty.  Please ask if I can be of any further help.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL