rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Jeff
Not Ranked
Northampton. UK
Posts 3
Silver Member
Jeff Posted: Tue, Jun 11 2019 10:14 PM

Thanks in advance for reading and any advice or assistance given.

I recently purchased 2 small TV's from ebay.  Both of these have PIN codes set but the previous owner/seller does not know the codes.
I entered the Mastercode menu and entered the Service PIN in one of the TV's.
This gave me access to the set and I configured an Freeview STB on a Scart AV socket and I verified all seemed good.
I did this last Friday, but today when I went to watch the TV again, following the same procedure (Mastercode menu and Service PIN) I get the message "incorrect PIN".

It's the first time for me with a Beo TV, and I'm now suspecting the "Service PIN" only has a life of 12 hours, and then expires.  If this is the case, do I have any options, or should the Service PIN still work?

I'm quite happy to take the set into my local B&O Service Center to have the PIN recovered or the eeprom flashed as necessary, but I'm not sure if this is something a Service Center will do (or what the charges are), or if the set is really now only a parts donor - seems a shame if that's the case.
I've paid pretty much nothing for both sets (1xBeocenter6-23 and 1xBeovision6-22), but find it sad if they are really only good for breaking or scrapping.

As said above, any help or advice is most welcome.

Cheers
Jeff

Jonathan
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, Australia
Posts 1,806
Bronze Member
Jonathan replied on Sat, Jun 15 2019 7:22 AM

You'll need to contact a store to get the pinches, and you'll need to provide proof of ownership. They don't hand them out easily! Service code doesn't work more than once from memory

x:________________________

Jeff
Not Ranked
Northampton. UK
Posts 3
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Jun 17 2019 10:35 AM

Hi Jonathan,

Many thanks for your reply.

I thought that might be the case.  I'll have a chat will my nearest dealership and take it from there.

Cheers

Jeff

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL