rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 671
Silver Member
seethroughyou Posted: Thu, Jun 6 2019 2:08 AM
I have spent the last few weeks investigating why some of my Local music stored on my NAS isn’t showing up on the Moment. My QNAP recognises my Moment device. I simply can not get the Moment to see all of the music on my NAS. I’ve checked the Twonky settings and the QNAP settings and rebuilt or factory reset my Moment many times. A complete puzzle and frustrating. I’m beginning to regret the purchase of the Moment. Does anybody have any ideas or possible solutions please?
mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 974
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 6:43 AM
seethroughyou:

I simply can not get the Moment to see all of the music on my NAS.

What do you mean exactly? Have you identified what you cannot see? Do you see everything through the Twonky user interface or through the B&O app?

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5, TR1

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 671
Silver Member
So for example my QNAP NAS hold this folder of music:

Mozart - Concertos for Two and Three Pianos

When I open Twonky it appears here:

First grey folder located column two in line two.

When you click on it, it opens to:

I assume that as Twonky can see it, the Moment should be able to but doesn’t.

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 974
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 1:51 PM
When you go into the « by album » view of the Twonky user interface, do you see these missing albums too? Are all your files FLAC, including the ones you see in your Moments?

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5, TR1

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 671
Silver Member
mbolo01:

When you go into the « by album » view of the Twonky user interface, do you see these missing albums too? Are all your files FLAC, including the ones you see in your Moments?

No it doesn’t show in the « by album » view.

Yes all files are FLAC.

On Moment I see Local fires first then a swipe or two swipes later I see DEEZER files only.
Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 817
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 3:10 PM

As can be seen in the 3th picture the album is not tagged. So it will be indexed as "unknown" by the Moment in the Album View.

Presumably somewhere between all the Albums you will find an Album Unknown with all tracks  which were not tagged with the Album name.

Note: above in Twonky you show the Folder view, but the Moment works with Artist, Albums,Track views. Informations as been stored within the the tag's of the files. If you use the Album view in Twonky you will get the same result!

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,388
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 3:29 PM
I've got a QNAP and my Moment has never had an issue.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,388
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 3:34 PM
I don't think I use Twonky, my dealer set everything up for me.

But when I look at the NAS from my MBP, I see the music in the File Station and Music Station apps.

None of which is probably helpful to you, but only to say that I've never really had an issue.
seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 671
Silver Member
Carolpa:

As can be seen in the 3th picture the album is not tagged. So it will be indexed as "unknown" by the Moment in the Album View.

Presumably somewhere between all the Albums you will find an Album Unknown with all tracks which were not tagged with the Album name.

Note: above in Twonky you show the Folder view, but the Moment works with Artist, Albums,Track views. Informations as been stored within the the tag's of the files. If you use the Album view in Twonky you will get the same result!

How do you tag the album?

I’ve used id3tag editor and the files in this album have correct metadata.
Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 817
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 7:08 PM
seethroughyou:

How do you tag the album?

I’ve used id3tag editor and the files in this album have correct metadata.

nice program to edit the tags. But despite your remark, at least some Albums do not have the correct metadata. See your own example before; Twonky doesn’t recognise the Album. And therefore the Moment also not!

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 974
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Jun 6 2019 9:48 PM
Carolpa:

nice program to edit the tags. But despite your remark, at least some Albums do not have the correct metadata. See your own example before; Twonky doesn’t recognise the Album. And therefore the Moment also not!

I agree with Carolpa, these tracks are missing the Album name while they have the artist. Try to search for this artist and you may see this track under the unknown album of this artist.

You’ll have to correct the album tag, rescan with Twonky (hopefully Twonky is set for manual rescan) and check again with Twonky UI.

If OK then rescan with the Moment if you are in Expert mode with otherwise let the Moment trigger a rescan.

If KO, then let us know

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 671
Silver Member
Ok, I have used tag editor for the third time, restarted the Twonky server and rebuilt it. Nothing changed or improved so I did a factory reset on Moment. The albums are now showing in the Moment but no artwork.

What is annoying is that the artwork showed on Roon and all the correct metadata showed on Roon.

To further complicate matters, there are hundreds of albums that are apparently untagged but when I used Roon and my Beosound 5 years ago showed up correctly with the right metadata and artwork.

I’m not sure I have the patience to spend hundreds of hours fiddling with it all just to please Twonky and the Moment.

What is further puzzling is a lot of these albums are downloaded from websites complete with the right metadata and artwork yet Twonky shows them as incomplete.

What a ********* disaster and mess. I’m beginning to regret the Moment purchase with local files. Never had any of these problems with iTunes or Roon. Good grief. Bury your head in your hands moment with exasperation.
seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 671
Silver Member
The Mozart albums that were showing as LOCAL a few hours ago are now not showing. Only two albums showing. There is no percentage progress showing. So we are now reversing any progress.

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 817
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Jun 8 2019 8:54 AM
seethroughyou:

Ok, I have used tag editor for the third time, restarted the Twonky server and rebuilt it. Nothing changed or improved so I did a factory reset on Moment. The albums are now showing in the Moment but no artwork.

What is annoying is that the artwork showed on Roon and all the correct metadata showed on Roon.

To further complicate matters, there are hundreds of albums that are apparently untagged but when I used Roon and my Beosound 5 years ago showed up correctly with the right metadata and artwork.

I’m not sure I have the patience to spend hundreds of hours fiddling with it all just to please Twonky and the Moment.

What is further puzzling is a lot of these albums are downloaded from websites complete with the right metadata and artwork yet Twonky shows them as incomplete.

What a ********* disaster and mess. I’m beginning to regret the Moment purchase with local files. Never had any of these problems with iTunes or Roon. Good grief. Bury your head in your hands moment with exasperation.

2 remarks: Roon is a completely different ball game than DLNA and/or iTunes.

iTunes is part of Apples own eco system and they would love to keep it that way! So for years you could have good metadata in iTunes, but using it somewhere else could be tedious. All for their own eco system.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL