Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

W.Frankenberg
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
97 Posts
Gold Member
W.Frankenberg posted on Thu, May 16 2019 5:34 PM

hello beo friends,
Is there a new DAB + receiver for Beosound DAB radio? Beocenter2 Beocenter4, which can be retrofitted?

or do we have to put all of our B & O design objects in the Museeum as useless if FM, like AM, will be shut down in Europe?

wilfried

All Replies

Ingo
Top 500 Contributor
Da wo die Weser einen großen Bogen macht
126 Posts
Bronze Member
Ingo replied on Thu, May 16 2019 6:09 PM

Hi,

only solutions extern like Chromecast, Bluetooth, or DAB + with an extern receiver.

I‘ve had  the same problem , ask my dealer, but there is nothing  in pipeline, so I prefered Chromcast and FM with indoor antenna 

Ingo

BeoVision Eclipse 55“ wallmounted, BeoRemote One BT; BeoSound 9000(ex-weiss), BeoLab 9; BeoLab 8000 rot; Beosound 1 grün; BeoPlay H6; Beo4

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,940 Posts
Bronze Member

Die dänische Firma OneRemote hat verschiedene Lösungsmöglichkeiten.

https://shop.oneremote.dk/

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,866 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, May 19 2019 12:38 PM

There was a module made for the BC2 to add DAB+ - see this post

I doubt very much that there are any hanging around though it would not hurt to ask a dealer!

Peter

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
809 Posts
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, May 19 2019 12:54 PM

W.Frankenberg:
hello beo friends,
Is there a new DAB + receiver for Beosound DAB radio? Beocenter2 Beocenter4, which can be retrofitted?

or do we have to put all of our B & O design objects in the Museeum as useless if FM, like AM, will be shut down in Europe?

For example: Listen to internet radio (TuneIn) though a connected  Beosound Core or Essense

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,319 Posts
Gold Member

I have a Beocenter 2 with DAB (not DAB+) in the U.K. The DAB reception is incredibly sensitive to aerial positioning..... my DAB Pure Radio with telescopic aerial gets much better reception.

As others suggest above, get a Chromecast Audio (they are still intermittently available despite being officially out of production). Connect it to your BC2 box auxiliary input. 

Graham

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
594 Posts
Gold Member

Good dab reception is rather hit n miss in the U.K.I imagine that they intend to increase signal strength once they have convinced the power's that be that enough people are converted?They can turn off good old nothing wrong with it fm then?

Internet radio reception seems to be robust,with a very wide range of stations available too

As to adapting the old B&O systems,it would certainly be do-able,at least with the remote control systems.

The current state of the electronics industry would dictate  that it would only be viable to make adaptors in huge number's though,otherwise they would be unattractively costly.There probably isn't a big enough market 

Supply and demand?

The oneremote dab adaptor option suggested, is an example of this,and seems to be well thought out.Does anyone have one,and can report?

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL