Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Simon
Not Ranked
Netherlands
19 Posts
Gold Member
Simon posted on Wed, May 15 2019 6:36 PM

Dear Beoworld members,

I'm trying to buy a Beogram 1500 and came across this one. As told to me the amplifier output doesn't work, but the phono output does. This doesn't bother me, because I will hopefully use it someday for my Beolab 5000 (see other topic). It's not in the best optical condition as you can see on the pictures (not mentioning the possibilities of how worse the inside could be), but it runs good, the seller tells me and the  element seems to be good too.

Is it worth the €75 I am about to pay upcoming weekend or anything else I should keep in mind before buying?

Looking forward to your opinions.

Kind regards,

Simon

All Replies

AdamS
Top 500 Contributor
271 Posts
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Thu, May 16 2019 1:07 PM

It really isn't B&O's best unit and the amplifier doesn't work. I'd say it's worth E7.50, not E75!

Frankly, your Beolab 5000 deserves much, much better.

Simon
Not Ranked
Netherlands
19 Posts
Gold Member

Hello AdamS,

Thank you very much for your reply, really appreciated.

As I am looking for a Beogram to suite my Beolab, I came across the Beogram 1000 and 1500 which are of the same production year, as well good to go with the Beolab 5000.

Any suggestions which is a better unit and will suite the Beolab? Perhaps the Beogram 1500 type 57xx?

Does anyone also have a suggestion for a good cd-player matching with the Beolab 5000?

Kind regards,

Simon

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,897 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Fri, May 17 2019 8:23 PM

I have used a variety with mine - the best is obviously my Beogram 3000 Thorens with 12" ST/P arm. However the Acoustical version was not bad and probably the most popular is going to be the Beogram 4000.

If your budget does not stretch to this, a Beogram 1902 or similar is an excellent radial deck with good sound and decent suspension.

It would be hard to recommend any CD player above the CDX - only a 14 bit machine but lovely sound and a warmth you don't often get in CD players - clearly that is going to be distortion but it is very pleasant - more like vinyl - and these machines, once the solder issue is fixed, which almost all will have been,, is practically bomb proof. The best B&O CD player is the CD5500 but you have far fewer controls available if using with a Beolab 5000.

Peter

Simon
Not Ranked
Netherlands
19 Posts
Gold Member

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions on Beograms.

It should be amazing to have a Beogram 3000 Thorens with 12" ST/P arm, but if I could ever find one, I guess I would not be able to buy one. 

Looking at the other models you've mentioned, I came across a cdx2 for €70,-. I know this version is completely different then the CDX, except the outside. 

Is this one worth buying (for this price(?!)) to combine with my Beolab 5000 in the future, or should I wait for any models you mentioned?

Kind regards,

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL