Beosound 5

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 19 Replies | 0 Followers

3400SJ
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Silver Member
3400SJ posted on Thu, May 9 2019 4:59 PM

I have a Beosound 5 that I purchased recently and I have a few problems. First I cant get the remote control to work, I am using a Beo4. The next problem is that the blue volume indicator only works sometimes, it is often fully extended and finally the net radio operation is often intermittent, sometimes it will drop out for a few seconds but sometimes it can be 20 mins, this seems to happen with most stations. Any assistance would be appreciated

Stuart 

All Replies

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, May 10 2019 2:55 AM
Do you have the Beosound 5 set to the right option? If it is set to the wrong option it will not respond to the Beo 4.
3400SJ
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Silver Member
3400SJ replied on Fri, May 10 2019 3:04 PM

Do you know which option to set it to

Stuart

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, May 10 2019 4:27 PM
If the speakers are connected directly to the Beosound 5, and not part of a larger system, it should be option 1.
Stan
Top 150 Contributor
608 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, May 10 2019 5:56 PM

Also, if it is the only music system in your masterlink network (or you don't have a masterlink network), then you need to set "audio master" to "yes" (under settings -> roles ).  This is also where you'll find the options setting "am options".

If you have a ML network with other devices, it would be good to know what you have...  I've seen odd behavior when there are conflicting settings between audio masters.

3400SJ
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Silver Member
3400SJ replied on Sat, May 11 2019 9:36 AM

I have it connected to a pair of Beolab 1s as a stand alone system, I shall check its settings when I get back on Monday

Stuart

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
986 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Mon, May 13 2019 10:16 AM

3400SJ:

I have it connected to a pair of Beolab 1s as a stand alone system, I shall check its settings when I get back on Monday

Stuart

I actually have the exact same problems with my recently purchased unit with a defect motherboard. I changed MB and now all works, except for remote control and the blue volume that is fully extended all the time.

For now I have only tested it with no speakers, but it is set to Option 1 and Audio Master = YES.

/Weebyx

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
504 Posts
Silver Member
marexy replied on Mon, May 13 2019 11:54 AM

wrong post..sorry

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, May 13 2019 10:56 PM
I have a Beosound 5 I purchased new. I have never paid attention to the blue volume line so looked at it after reading this thread. Mine does not change either. It appears when adjusting the volume and disappears when done.

Is it really supposed to change with the volume?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

As far as I remember, it changes, if you have the BS5 set up as a standalone audiomaster (with connected speakers).

If you have it integrated with a tv (using ML and the right options) it does not....because the actual volume control takes place in the BV indstead.

Can anyone confirm this - I am not able to test it!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, May 13 2019 11:57 PM
Mine is connected to a Masterlink System, two Beovisions with connected speakers and and one Active Kit. That matches your understanding and explains why the volume line does not change on mine.
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Tue, May 14 2019 12:11 AM
I tried setting audio master to yes, and options 0,1, and 2. No change in the blue volume line. Maybe that is because it senses the master link connection and/or the lack of directly connected speakers regardless of the settings.
Stan
Top 150 Contributor
608 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, May 14 2019 1:59 PM

Audio master + connected speakers, and the BS5 will allow volume adjustment using the fine toothed "gear" on the control stack (assuming no other masters on the ML if connected to ML).  You may have to cycle power after connecting the speakers.

Stan

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,675 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Tue, May 14 2019 6:55 PM
The wheel also works to adjust speakers connected to my Beovision 10, but the blue volume line remains constant.
Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
986 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, May 15 2019 7:31 AM

Razlaw:
I tried setting audio master to yes, and options 0,1, and 2. No change in the blue volume line. Maybe that is because it senses the master link connection and/or the lack of directly connected speakers regardless of the settings.

I got my blue line working. Audio Master = Yes, Option 1 and connected powerlink speakers directly, no masterlink. Blue line changes depending on volume level. it started working after I added the Powerlink speakers.

The remote issue I have was because of bad 4 pin cable that contains the IR signal.

/Weebyx

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL