New setup change your music taste?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Bronze Member
Esax Posted: Fri, Apr 19 2019 9:53 PM
Sinse a bought the beolab 50 I have hade a change of taste in music. I like the blues more and more. It’s so dynamic, airy and effortless whit the beolab 50.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,490
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Apr 19 2019 10:29 PM

Interesting, but whatever system I have, no matter it's strengths or weaknesses, has never really had an impact on what music I listened to. It can change my overall enjoyment at how well it's reproduced, sound quality is good, but I seem to be able to get into whatever I'm playing regardless of equipment. And that includes everything from "serious" classical to pop/rock, jazz, blues, and about everything in between.

But as for Blues, yeah, I love it. But a lot of what are in my opinion the best songs and artists are old enough that their recordings are very far from modern digital ones. Old John Lee Hooker,  Robert Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson, etc. Blues has a long and rich history, much of it recorded in mono in hotel rooms and backwater studios direct to a lacquer record, in the days before even tape recording.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL