Beolab 50

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 127 Replies | 2 Followers

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw posted on Thu, Apr 18 2019 5:35 PM
I am about ready to upgrade my 20s to 50s. Unfortunately I do not have a dealer near enough to me to listen before buying. I have heard the 90s. I know the 50s will not perform as the 90s. But I did want to ask anybody who is familiar with both, how does the imaging of the 50s compare to that of the 90s?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Razlaw replied on Fri, May 17 2019 1:52 PM
Verified by Dion
Mikipidia:

I’ll take a picture for you next tuesday when iam at my dealer again. He has them all it seems. So i’ll ask him if we can play around with the covers New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Thanks!

All Replies

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Apr 19 2019 10:35 PM
Do you have any pictures of the 50s with your 7? Curious to see how they look together.
PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw:

Why would I want to downgrade from 20s to 18s?

No, in addition to the 20’s, 18’s as rears.

As mentioned before, the 7 is now very old and that would be the best upgrade first.

All depends on what you are using it for percentage music/tv.

Only heard the 50s and 90s with the eclipse so cannot really comment on the 7/50 mix.

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with any set up with the 50’s.
Esax
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 9:42 AM

Yeah I know it don’t match.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 10:01 AM
PaulGiles:

As mentioned before, the 7 is now very old and that would be the best upgrade first.

Beovision 7 may be old. But that doesn't mean they're not good. I listen to music both on youtube and apple tv through the tv. But also streamed via airport express direct to the beolab 50, apple music and flac. there is no big difference in quality. May be the difference in the dacs.

One big advantage is that you can set up beolab 50 to start with low latency and wide when watching TV. And high latency and narrow when streaming. If you have set everything correctly, it switches automatically.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 10:34 AM
PaulGiles:

Only heard the 50s and 90s with the eclipse so cannot really comment on the 7/50 mix.

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with any set up with the 50’s.

I have 12-3s as rears. I agree the Eclipse would be a great upgrade and logically the one I should do.
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 10:35 AM
Esax:

Yeah I know it don’t match. Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Beautiful! And thank you so much! It really helps me visualize how the 50s would look with my 7-55.
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 10:38 AM
Esax:

Beovision 7 may be old. But that doesn't mean they're not good. I listen to music both on youtube and apple tv through the tv. But also streamed via airport express direct to the beolab 50, apple music and flac. there is no big difference in quality. May be the difference in the dacs.

One big advantage is that you can set up beolab 50 to start with low latency and wide when watching TV. And high latency and narrow when streaming. If you have set everything correctly, it switches automatically. Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

I did not know that the automatic switching was possible with the 7. I am very glad to hear that it is. Thank you for all of the information. It is very helpful to me in making my decision.
Esax
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 10:58 AM
Razlaw:

I did not know that the automatic switching was possible with the 7. I am very glad to hear that it is. Thank you for all of the information. It is very helpful to me in making my decision.

It is the b&o app that makes it possible.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 1:56 PM
Were you happy with the set up process using the microphone?

Also, one of the reasons I have been hesitant to replace my BV 7 is that it is connected by Masterlink to two other rooms and a Beosound 3000 and Beosound 5. I have not wanted to lose that connectivity, which I would with an Eclipse. However, it just occurred to me this morning, would it be possible to connect the 50s to an Eclipse with PowerLink, a Core by optical, and then also a BeoLink Active through one of the other inputs? (Perhaps I could do the same with the 20s as they have three inputs)
PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
72 Posts
Bronze Member
Never said they were not good, superb looking sets and great sound when used with the 7.X range.
Esax
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sat, Apr 20 2019 5:00 PM
I’ve tried the mic in my previously home and it did make an improvment. The sound is clearer and less boomy. The active room correction works well. But they are really good from scratch. I’m told that b&o did a hole lot of mesurments in different rooms and the preset is a mix of thoose.

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sun, Apr 21 2019 11:07 AM
Must ad that the beolab 50 is perfekt in any way. And more base than beolab 9 with 2x beolab 2. You can feel the base from the beolab 50 at low levels. And very plesent treble and not tirering to listening to. Even at very loud levels. Hard to know how loud you play until your neighbours knocking on the door.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Apr 21 2019 11:53 AM
Esax:

Must ad that the beolab 50 is perfekt in any way. And more base than beolab 9 with 2x beolab 2. You can feel the base from the beolab 50 at low levels. And very plesent treble and not tirering to listening to. Even at very loud levels. Hard to know how loud you play until your neighbours knocking on the door. Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Thank you again for all of the information. I have both BL 9s and 20s. Have been very happy with both. But I know the 50s would take it to an entirely new level. Still debating a 1000 mile flight to listen. Unfortunately my nearest dealer that is only a three hour drive away does not currently have 50s.
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Apr 24 2019 12:08 AM
Have a demo scheduled for the middle of next month 😀. Then I can decide. Again, thank you for all of the information everyone has provided.
Esax
Top 500 Contributor
110 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sat, Apr 27 2019 12:52 PM
Your wallet will feel easier.

Page 4 of 9 (128 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL