Beolab 50

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 164 Replies | 2 Followers

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,745 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw posted on Thu, Apr 18 2019 5:35 PM
I am about ready to upgrade my 20s to 50s. Unfortunately I do not have a dealer near enough to me to listen before buying. I have heard the 90s. I know the 50s will not perform as the 90s. But I did want to ask anybody who is familiar with both, how does the imaging of the 50s compare to that of the 90s?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,745 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Razlaw replied on Fri, May 17 2019 1:52 PM
Verified by Dion
Mikipidia:

I’ll take a picture for you next tuesday when iam at my dealer again. He has them all it seems. So i’ll ask him if we can play around with the covers New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Thanks!

All Replies

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,745 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Aug 22 2019 6:19 PM
I do not recall for certain but I do not think so. The fist time the speakers started cutting in and out and then stopped playing completely while listening to music. The second time they would not turn on either with the Core or the BV7.
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,745 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Aug 31 2019 2:08 AM
Grills finally arrived. Smile. (Did not realize the poor quality of picture and how blurry it is until after I posted it)

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,745 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Aug 31 2019 2:13 AM

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,745 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Aug 31 2019 2:15 AM

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
954 Posts
Gold Member

looking good Cool

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1.

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,562 Posts
Founder

The front grill shows an amazing  skill of craftsmanship . Simply wonderful done. 

But I really don’t like that you can see the drivers. Some cloth behind the grill would be (for me) the solution. 

I’ve seen the production of several aluminium parts at the factory last august, but that is intriguing. So much care for details you normally don’t know or are aware off. 

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
136 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sat, Aug 31 2019 12:00 PM
the world's largest grater. perfect for the parmesan. Sharp as hell.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,745 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Aug 31 2019 1:31 PM
Beobuddy:

The front grill shows an amazing skill of craftsmanship . Simply wonderful done.

But I really don’t like that you can see the drivers. Some cloth behind the grill would be (for me) the solution.

I’ve seen the production of several aluminium parts at the factory last august, but that is intriguing. So much care for details you normally don’t know or are aware off.

I was not sure if I would like seeing the drivers and almost ordered cloth fronts. Now that I have them, I do like them. It is amazing the different effects that different lighting has on them. Last night listening to music in a mostly dark room, what little light there was created an optical illusion of light inside the speakers, almost making it look as if the speaker was hollow. Sitting here looking at them this morning, when I look at one speaker I can see one driver almost as clearly as if there was no grill at all. Looking at the the other speaker, it appears as if the grill is almost solid and very little of the drivers can be seen.
MaxH
Not Ranked
29 Posts
Bronze Member
MaxH replied on Sat, Aug 31 2019 2:37 PM

They look great Smile

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,256 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sun, Sep 1 2019 9:20 AM
Razlaw they look absolutely amazing. Enjoy them.

I like that you can see the drivers. It’s the same with my BL18s at times (depending on the light).
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,745 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Sep 1 2019 11:50 PM
Thank you for the compliments!
Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
270 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Wed, Nov 20 2019 3:57 PM

Hi Raslaw,

Are you happy with your new Beolab 50?

I still experience problems sometimes when the slave speaker randomly looses contact with Master speaker. This is my second pair of speakers but still the same problem.

Do you have any problems with your speakers when the Slave looses contact with Master speaker and the master speaker starts to flash orange fast?

Best Regards
Martin

Sweden

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), New! Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,745 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Nov 20 2019 11:34 PM
I am extremely happy with them! They have been performing almost flawlessly for several weeks now. I had an issue once recently where the tweeters did not go down. I unplugged them and plugged back in and the problem was resolved. I did not pay attention to what the indicators were doing, but it did not seem to me that it was the problem you describe.
Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
270 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Thu, Nov 21 2019 2:21 PM

Hi Raslaw again,

Do you use cabled powerlink or WISA?

Best Regards
Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), New! Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,745 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Nov 21 2019 2:36 PM
Martin:

Hi Raslaw again,

Do you use cabled powerlink or WISA?

Best Regards Martin

I have the 50s connected by Power Link to a BV7-55. I also have a Core connected to the 50s by optical. The 50s are connected to a router with an ethernet cable. The connection between the master and the slave is with the B and O supplied cable.
Page 11 of 11 (165 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL