rated by 0 users
This post has 119 Replies | 3 Followers

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,251
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Apr 29 2019 9:21 AM
Noticed I get the message that the source does not support multiroom when I airplay to eg. M3 and join other devices to that experience.

Is there a reason for this message?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,947
Bronze Member

Oh, I have that too.

But everything works just the same - no problems there.

Most be some kind of bug.....Mr Andersen

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 941
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Apr 29 2019 9:09 PM
Tonight’s release has smaller radio icons (1,5cm x 1,5cm on iPhone), Music icons are still a mix of 1,5cm, 2cm and 2,5cm .... would love to know the rationale.

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5, TR1

Fansastic
Top 500 Contributor
The Netherlands
Posts 265
Bronze Member
Fansastic replied on Mon, Apr 29 2019 9:12 PM
mbolo01:

Tonight’s release has smaller radio icons (1,5cm x 1,5cm on iPhone), Music icons are still a mix of 1,5cm, 2cm and 2,5cm .... would love to know the rationale. BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5, TR1

For my taste the old design was way more easy to oversee. Small icons and vertical scrolling feels more logical than swiping (that’s only for tinder :-)
MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 185
Bronze Member

@Millemissen: Yup that sounds like a bug. I will report it

@mbolo01: I wasn't involved in the size discussion, I will take it up with the team

Regarding the adding to playqueue comments earlier. We're looking into streamlining that as well. Not sure if it can make the cut this time, since the queue system is a little complicated. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,947
Bronze Member

mbolo01:
Tonight’s release has smaller radio icons (1,5cm x 1,5cm on iPhone), Music icons are still a mix of 1,5cm, 2cm and 2,5cm .... would love to know the rationale.

Smaller radio icons may make sense on an iPhone.

But whats the logic in scrolling horizontal, when there is a lot more space vertically - as we know a phone is mostly held vertical.

On an iPad it does not make sense with that either....unless you hold it vertically - and then the ‘show all’ view is odd, because then again the scrolling is done vertically ☹️

Would be nice to have an explanation of the thoughts behind this.

To me it would make much more sense, if you could choose ‘simple view’ or the ‘show all view’ as your own default view.

At least when you have more than 7-8 favourit stations that would be helpfull.

For now it is starting up with the ‘simple view’ each time I open the app....or is that different by other users?

MM

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 941
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Apr 30 2019 6:39 AM
Millemissen:

For now it is starting up with the ‘simple view’ each time I open the app....or is that different by other users?

I’ve never seen the app starting with anything else than what you name the “simple view”

If I’m not wrong, previous design difference is only vertical scrolling and “....” button for detailed view

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 941
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Apr 30 2019 6:53 AM
MrAndersen:

Regarding the adding to playqueue comments earlier. We're looking into streamlining that as well. Not sure if it can make the cut this time, since the queue system is a little complicated.

Very good news!

What’s about the playqueue unsolicited loop?

Finally I noticed that the App does not refresh the product status if not fully restarted. I use to power of some of my products overnight, they don’t appear offline in the app unless I stop(kill)/start the app.

It would be good to refresh the product status from time to time or at least when the app is brought back to foreground.

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 941
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Tue, Apr 30 2019 7:13 AM

@MrAndersen: I think the following was already discussed but I’m not sure why it was not addressed:

The sorting option of a detailed list is not preserved, I.e if I select sorted “by added date” for my Favorite Albums, this choice is not preserved when I exit the view

As the App more and more looks like the Deezer app, it would be good to also adopt some good features such sort order preservation don’t you think ?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,251
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, May 1 2019 9:49 AM
Think the app looks quite tidy after latest update (today).

The vertical scroll works for me.

Size of the icons under music are now more consistent.

The mix between white and dark mood can of course be questioned.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 941
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, May 1 2019 10:16 AM

Hiort:

Indeed, but I'm still wondering why there is no consistency across the screen tiles?

Products page: 3x3
Music page: 2x2
Radio page: 1,5x1,5

Having let say 2x2 (or 2,5 x 2,5 like Deezer) everywhere would occupy the space better IMO

What is "Added "family" to groups in setup" about? Is it for speaker groups management for those who have BVs?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,947
Bronze Member

Hiort:

The vertical scroll works for me.

The mix between white and dark mood can of course be questioned.

Some screenshots are always nice in order to show WHAT we mean.

Seems that the app acts different for different user cases/on different devices.

Please have a look at mine.

1: Radio view - starts up with having to scroll horizontal (means I can’t see all of my favourites at one glance).

This again is (allmost) possible when I click ‘show all’ - then the view changes to vertical scrolling.

By the way, that is what I prefer to see, when opening the Radio tab.

Please note: I have turned off ‘show nearby stations’...etc - I don’t need that, it is disturbing for an everyday use. (I want it simple).

2: Music view - what do you mean here? Is that Deezer or the DLNA source or both?

I currently don’t use Deezer....so I have no idea how that would look.

The pic shows my DLNA source - there are no icons there (just text).....not untill I reach an actual Album, where the cover pics are show (if any embedded).

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 941
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, May 1 2019 11:55 AM
Millemissen:

1: Radio view - starts up with having to scroll horizontal (means I can’t see all of my favourites at one glance).

2: Music view - what do you mean here? Is that Deezer or the DLNA source or both?

1: this is the new design, horizontal scrolling vs vertical scrolling in the previous design where your ‘x’ favorite radios were displayed on two rows max (if I remember well) followed by “...” to get more in a list

2: we are talking Deezer music here and I posted some comparison screenshots already in this thread.

Here is the new design for selected Deezer section followed by the DLNA tiles:

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 132
Bronze Member
mbolo01:

Indeed, but I'm still wondering why there is no consistency across the screen tiles?

Products page: 3x3 Music page: 2x2 Radio page: 1,5x1,5

Having let say 2x2 (or 2,5 x 2,5 like Deezer) everywhere would occupy the space better IMO

What is "Added "family" to groups in setup" about? Is it for speaker groups management for those who have BVs?

I have the same findings / questions Wink

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 122
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Wed, May 1 2019 1:11 PM
I find it annoying that the screen after selecting my Avant does not actually contain anything that does anything.

In order to reach the remote button I have to scroll up a little (iPhone 8 Plus).

Tim

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 185
Bronze Member

The repeat issue has been fixed on the product, hoping it will be out in the next release

DLNA is very inconsistent on album art. If we wanted something top level we need to do it by hand.

Horizontal scroll can show a limited number of items but you could never show all. You would always need a show all view where vertical is better. The advantage of the horizontal scroll is that the height is reduced and that makes it easier to get to the category you want

We will reduce the product size on home but not in this release

The product connection should always update, we haven't tried turning them off though. It should be based on an actual connection to the product. I will try to reproduce it like you describe

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,251
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, May 1 2019 1:57 PM
Millemissen:

It is the Deezer view. DLNA look the same as before.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 209
Bronze Member

@MrAndersen,

Just one time...I know how many tiles are on a screen is of great important, but IS THE MF APP SUPPORT FOR TUNE IN ON MY 2X ESSENCE 1 A DEAD ISSUE OR NOT? No explanation needed, just an answer. Thank You. 

My wife's Cartier watch is 20 years old but they still respond to her as if she mattered. 

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 185
Bronze Member
@poodleboy

Yes, long ago

Product issue, you need to software update them to fix it
poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 209
Bronze Member

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 209
Bronze Member

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 209
Bronze Member

sorry 'bout that

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 209
Bronze Member

MrAndersen:
@poodleboy

Yes, long ago

Product issue, you need to software update them to fix it

Thank You. Matter closed. 

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 941
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, May 1 2019 8:41 PM

MrAndersen:

The repeat issue has been fixed on the product, hoping it will be out in the next release

DLNA is very inconsistent on album art. If we wanted something top level we need to do it by hand.

Horizontal scroll can show a limited number of items but you could never show all. You would always need a show all view where vertical is better. The advantage of the horizontal scroll is that the height is reduced and that makes it easier to get to the category you want

We will reduce the product size on home but not in this release

The product connection should always update, we haven't tried turning them off though. It should be based on an actual connection to the product. I will try to reproduce it like you describe

@MrAndersen:

Really great news, many thanks!

Is the recent BS Moment update linked to the repeat issue fix? I cannot recreate the loop issue on it, but to be honest I don't remember if the BSM was affected or not ....

Can't wait for a playqueue insertion solution now.

I also have this annoying behavior: https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/36860.aspx that could be App related

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,947
Bronze Member

MrAndersen:

I know that - that is a limitation of DLNA.

And I never expected that to be(come) anything else in the app  - although it might be possible (with much efford and labour).

With my cry-out for screenshots I just wanted to be sure that we all are talking about the same.

Not that one speaks of DLNA and the other of Deezer.

The category ‘Music’ can be DLNA as well as Deezer and the user interface and behaviour of the two different parts is very unlike each other in the app.

(Note: To me one big search field for the DLNA and Deezer content would be all that I need as user interface.....but that is just me!)

MM

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 941
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, May 1 2019 10:24 PM

Millemissen:

(Note: To me one big search field for the DLNA and Deezer content would be all that I need as user interface.....but that is just me!)

You really need a BS Moment :-)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,947
Bronze Member

mbolo01:

Millemissen:

You really need a BS Moment :-)

Nice find 👍

Yes - occasionally I thought of that.

However, the main features of the Moment are the MoodWheel and the PatternPlay.

And that is something, that I really don’t need......that is not how I use/listen to music!

A Moment with just a search field would be all, I need  —— but then again, why when a simple app on a dedicated iPad (Mini) could do the same?

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 458
Bronze Member
Problems with DLNA album art are overblown. After using the automated fixing tasks with Bliss Music tagger, I have NO problem with any album art retrieved from my BM5 by any player that accesses it as a source.

B
mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 941
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, May 2 2019 7:41 AM

Millemissen:

why when a simple app on a dedicated iPad (Mini) could do the same?

As you surely know, in order to search within a collection of items, you have to index it, store and maintain the index.

Indexing a DLNA collection with an App is possible, GLIDER does it very well.

Having a client/ server app is even better for large collections, PLEX does it very well.

If B&O had any interest in offering a solution to properly manage personally own digital music collections, they would either develop their own product/software or they would link to a third party solution like they have done with Deezer.

This is not as simple as that, BS Moment has been a nice attempt on this front, and there was still room for improvement.

For now we (DLNA users) have to live with an app that acts as a very basic DLNA controller, with even less features than some free app you can find on the web.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 154
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, May 2 2019 9:17 AM

MrAndersen:

What I'd really like is if I could select what the default order is for the items shown. "Last Used" or "Last Added" would be my preferred default order instead of alphabetically. I always have the same tiles to choose from, and those tiles mostly are not the ones that I want to use!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 154
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, May 2 2019 9:21 AM

ngnear:
I find it annoying that the screen after selecting my Avant does not actually contain anything that does anything.

In order to reach the remote button I have to scroll up a little (iPhone 8 Plus).

Would prefer the remote to show up immediately as well.

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 118
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Thu, May 2 2019 3:37 PM

I received my Eclipse about two weeks ago (highly satisfied) and I am using the app as well as the Beoremote One, I find the virtual trackpad very useful in some cases.

Would it be possible to add a virtual keyboard in the app? That would also be very useful when we have to enter text information, for example in the Youtube search field ?

Thanks in advance,

Jean

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 118
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Thu, May 2 2019 4:32 PM

Deleted

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 941
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, May 4 2019 11:37 AM
Another app (or product) issue:

I have added almost all my products in a B&O multiroom group, Core being the master (see picture):

When looking at the app main page, while all products that have joined the multiroom are selected in grey, not all of them are showing the multiroom icon, and, those which don’t show the icon have their now playing screen accessible while inoperable (see pictures):

Over to you MrAndersen!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,251
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, May 5 2019 1:56 PM
Maybe not new functionality, but I noticed that the app now display song metadata (song title) when I airplay.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 132
Bronze Member
Sitting in a hotel room with my A1, and having updated the app to the latest beta as of today, I have discovered that the ability to configure the touch function has gone !

In the old Beoplay it looks like this:

It was previously present in the B&O app, but now it is gone:

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 185
Bronze Member

Shuffle on Moment: I don't know, it is on a separate branch not sure how often we update. Let me check

Missing multiroom icon is a bug. I will report it. 

A1 missing OneTouch, looks like a bug as well. Reporting that as well

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 185
Bronze Member

@Dyssegaard: Just checked the A1, we put in a version check for this feature, needs to be 5.3. could you check your version?

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 185
Bronze Member

The error has been found and fixed for the A1. The version was strangely formatted, this is fixed. Building a new version later today

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 118
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Tue, May 7 2019 1:46 PM

MrAndersen:

Shuffle on Moment: I don't know, it is on a separate branch not sure how often we update. Let me check

Missing multiroom icon is a bug. I will report it. 

A1 missing OneTouch, looks like a bug as well. Reporting that as well

Dear Mr Andersen,

Do you have looked about the possibility of adding a virtual keyboard in the app for the Eclipse?

Thanks in advance,

Jean

Page 2 of 3 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL