Beolab 50 sound quality

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Oasis
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member
Oasis posted on Mon, Apr 15 2019 10:41 AM

I have noticed the Beolab 50s sounds rather flat when playing streamed sources even with Deezer (both iDevice and app within TV) where the sound is better when streaming directly from Apple TV music app. The 50s are connected to Avant NG. I have played the same song using the same source through the Beolab 50: and Beolab 5s - have to say the 5s sounded better. 

is this a setting problem that can be fixed? 

All Replies

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
135 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 1:51 PM
The beolab 50 sounds a bit harsh before breakin. Took me maybe 100 hours of playing. You must have some setup issues.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
138 Posts
Silver Member
Dante replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 10:41 PM

Room compensation not done properly?

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
454 Posts
Bronze Member

I would say the BL5s sound different. 

The ALT lenses distribute sound in a certain way and this effect will be more pronounced in the BL5 over the 50s.

Additionally, the 15inch bass brought a real thump to the 5s, whereas in the BL90s (my reference), the bass is significantly less but much more defined and structured. 

Takes some getting used to and some reall consideration in setup, but with the 90s (and I assume with the 50s) a far more natural sound full of image, depth and detail will come with experiment.

Couple more points, 1) IMHO, Beovisions are too dominant in effecting the sound quality of the BL90, you need to optimise with a very good digital source, 2) I don’t like listening to low res Deezer/Spotify (especially via a Beovision). To that effect, the BL5 is probably more forgiving

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
135 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Tue, Apr 16 2019 5:30 PM
The beolab 5 is firering the sub against the floor and probebly shaking it all up unless you have concreate floor. It vill also have a deaper inpact ond the rest of the room structure. Beolab 50 and 90 have active room compensation and less impact.

The beolab 9 and 20 have the same difference.

The old speakers feels like the play louder because of that.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
951 Posts
Gold Member

also not all sources play at the same start DB to begin with and or do the obvious first and check your settings in your BV

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1.

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL