How to replace BV 11 46 when it 'dies'.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 14 Replies | 0 Followers

ded6ajd
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
ded6ajd posted on Fri, Apr 12 2019 11:46 AM

Don't often post here, but some lurking has told me just how much some of you know!

So here's hoping for some advice. We've just had a mildly menacing letter from our B&O store suggesting that we replace our BV 11 with a Horizon 'before it is too late'.. viz, before B&O 'in line with other manufacturers..no longer offer any television smaller than a 55.'

We love our BV11 46. It works splendidly with our Beolab 20s, Beosound 4, Beosound 35 etc. But what happens when it dies? We've no room for a replacement bigger than, say 48-9."  I looked at stuff about the Horizon, wasn't that thrilled, and anyway that's 2016 vintage now.

OK.. LG TVs now come with WISA. So we might be able to get one of their 'small' ones that talk to our Beolab 20s.

But will LG continue to make 'small' TVs? What if they don't? And anyway, we'd lose B&O level integration with one remote, etc. I guess that's going to happen to us anyway, whatever we do.

At the moment, we just hope the BV 11 will go on and on. Will it?

Any brilliant creative ideas out there?

All Replies

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
The country formerly known as the United Kingdom
153 Posts
Gold Member
andy_js replied on Fri, Apr 12 2019 11:55 AM
Stange. I still have about 2 years left on the warrant for my BV11 and I’m sure they would let me extend it again. Stick with what you have.
ded6ajd
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks.. we will.. perhaps it will never die!

ded6ajd
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks.. we will.. perhaps it will never die!

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,366 Posts
Silver Member

Many owners have found the BV11 to be robust and reliable, running on an Opera operating system.

I wouldn't change mine..... but then I'm not in the market for a massive new screen.

Graham

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,367 Posts
Bronze Member
I wonder what b&o staff consider their best ever TV?
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,077 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Apr 14 2019 11:12 AM

Aussie Michael:

The Avant 32 RF DVD surely has to be up there.  A world apart from the competition and at the time the design, sound and picture quality blew the competition out clean of the water...

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,366 Posts
Silver Member
vikinger replied on Sun, Apr 14 2019 11:35 AM

9 LEE:

Aussie Michael:

The Avant 32 RF DVD surely has to be up there.  A world apart from the competition and at the time the design, sound and picture quality blew the competition out clean of the water..

I agree with this. Mine is now with another family member. But how fashions change..... you'd be lucky to sell one for £50! Same goes for the Beovision/Center2. We still have our pole mounted BC2 and it still looks really elegant ... a masterpiece of how to hide a CRT.

Graham

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,475 Posts
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Aussie Michael:

The Avant 32 RF DVD surely has to be up there.  A world apart from the competition and at the time the design, sound and picture quality blew the competition out clean of the water...

Not sure I would agree there - the oldschool Avant is something to look at in the museum in Struer (or to have in your ‘sommerhus’/weekend cottage, because noone will think of stealing that and because it is a good allrounder).

My guess would be the BV11/55 - at least for some of them.

However, most of them change their tv rather often.....because they can.

MM.

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,861 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Apr 14 2019 5:31 PM

My BV11-46 is far from dying (it barely gets any use!), but tempted to take it off the wall and place it on the floor in another location.

Odd question as I can't remember at all, but did the BV11 come with a simple angled floor stand or was that a separate purchase? When I had my 11-55 I had it in the corner of a room on an angled floor stand where the stand was connected to the rear of the TV - like a V shape.

Can't remember if this is part of the TV or a separate purchase? Knowing B&O, probably the latter.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,475 Posts
Bronze Member

You probably mean the easel stand.....which is one of the options, you can buy into.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,920 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Apr 14 2019 7:12 PM

Millemissen:

9 LEE:

Aussie Michael:

Not sure I would agree there - the oldschool Avant is something to look at in the museum in Struer (or to have in your ‘sommerhus’/weekend cottage, because noone will think of stealing that and because it is a good allrounder).

My guess would be the BV11/55 - at least for some of them.

However, most of them change their tv rather often.....because they can.

MM.

Still use my Avant RF32 DVD - in fact it is the TV in our main room! Had a 10-40 for a while but apologised to the Avant and sold the 10 as the sound was nothing like as good. The picture was better on HD  but not on SD. Do have a BV5 and a BV3 as well but like the Avant the best!

To get back to the topic, when the 11 dies, I dare say TVs will have moved on considerably from where they are now!

Peter

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
133 Posts
Bronze Member
11-46 for me, superb in both look and performance. Superb BV, especially with motorised wall stand and B1remote
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,861 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 11:03 AM

Millemissen:

You probably mean the easel stand.....which is one of the options, you can buy into.

I do. It's the stand I had with the 11-55. I looked in to it and there's a discounted easel stand available, so might pull the trigger on that. I think the 11-55 easel stand must have been bundled with my 55 by my dealer when purchased as it wasn't on the invoice and I wasn't charged!

ded6ajd
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
ded6ajd replied on Mon, Apr 15 2019 11:08 AM

Splendid optimism! Perhaps by the time my 11-46 dies, I'll be able to roll up my next TV purchase when not in use, so size really won't matter...

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL