rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort posted on Wed, Apr 10 2019 1:15 PM

Started to think about replacing my Moment with a Core.

Main reason for this is to get something more future proof and the fact I do not use the Moment screen that much anymore but rather the app.

Some more benefits:

• The levels on the line in can be adjusted (benefit for my connected Beogram)
  • Better sound (?)
  • Chromecast built in
  • Future proof (mentioned above)
  • Hideaway box
  • Airplay 2

Key thing for me is that I can integrate Core with my BV11 exactly in the same way as I have done with Moment. That is using the speakers connected to  BV11 as speaker groups for e.g Music and Radio.

Anyone that can confirm that?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
163 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by hostler
hostler:

... The big difference is that when integrated, the CORE is removed from the App product view - so you can't get back to it's setup/config screens - eg. to change the line-in sensitivity. ...

You can access the Core setup from the App via the front page by selecting the settings “wheel” - see screen shot - and then “Products”. Select the Core and you can then select the configuration pages.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

All Replies

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,359 Posts
Bronze Member

I have integrated the BV14 with essence Mk2 so i would say you can do it 

On the app it doesn't show the essence since they are integrated.  It shows the BV14

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 16 2019 12:40 PM

In a week I will pickup a Core (IR-capable) including IR eye.

The IR-eye are the classic B&O, but with new internals.

I´m not sure in what usecases you actually have reason to sent IR commands to Core (when integrated to my BV-11).

Volume control I assume goes through the BV-11.

Choosing e.g "MUSIC" on the BR1 remote from standby maybe trigger Core first and then wakeup BV11.

Anyone knows?

/C  

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
163 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort:

I´m not sure in what usecases you actually have reason to sent IR commands to Core (when integrated to my BV-11).

Choosing e.g "MUSIC" on the BR1 remote from standby maybe trigger Core first and then wakeup BV11.

Anyone knows?

/C

I have a Core integrated with my BV11.

If you have assigned a key or command correctly on the BV11 (either Beo4 or BR1) to point to “MUSIC” on the Core it will wake up the BV11 when activated.

I don’t see a need for the IR-eye as all the relevant commands for the Core is routed through the BV11 including volume control.

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 16 2019 1:49 PM

Dyssegaard:
Hiort:

Anyone knows?

/C

I have a Core integrated with my BV11.

If you have assigned a key or command correctly on the BV11 (either Beo4 or BR1) to point to “MUSIC” on the Core it will wake up the BV11 when activated.

I don’t see a need for the IR-eye as all the relevant commands for the Core is routed through the BV11 including volume control.

Yes, that is my thought.

I will give it a try and potentially return the IR eye if not needed.

hostler
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member

I have one BV11 integrated with a Moment, and another BV11 (different location) integrated with a Core ... and like you ... I'm weighing up the pro's and cons of both approaches. 

You can setup speaker groups on the 11 and integrate the Core, so it is mapped to a BEO4 button or a BR1 button. The big difference is that when integrated, the CORE is removed from the App product view - so you can't get back to it's setup/config screens - eg. to change the line-in sensitivity. The moment - when integrated - stays in the list, and you can still control it / choose a input (bluetooth / line-in).

I love the design of the Moment, but rarely use the jukebox/tablet aspect of it, but it does allow casual users to play music without the need for an App - which I'm guessing is why they have this different approach?

I may switch my Core and Moment deployments between locations, because one is more likely to have 'casual' users than the other where an App is fine.

Best of luck with your tinkering ...

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
163 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by hostler
hostler:

... The big difference is that when integrated, the CORE is removed from the App product view - so you can't get back to it's setup/config screens - eg. to change the line-in sensitivity. ...

You can access the Core setup from the App via the front page by selecting the settings “wheel” - see screen shot - and then “Products”. Select the Core and you can then select the configuration pages.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 16 2019 6:55 PM
I actually changed my mind and have cancelled my Core order.

I see that by integrating my BS1 with BV11 I could cover most of my usecases reasonably convenient.

I have my record player that I have no solution for, but I use it so seldom so it’s not worth the investment in a Core.

Will put the Moment money aside and see what the future brings.

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
679 Posts
Silver Member
I spoke to a dealer ladt week and B&O have made it clear that they will not make any more Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 / Moment expensive type devices. Think little streaming boxes like the Core.
Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
996 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Wed, Apr 17 2019 9:37 PM

Very sad! ☹️

hostler
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member
hostler replied on Thu, Apr 18 2019 11:09 AM

Thanks for that tip - really helpful.

I do find it annoying that they remove the Core from the list - unless you're inb a home with **a lot** of devices - and need to keep the product list manageable, the 'linked' approach they use with the Moment seems perfectly usable to me.

Hey ho ... if there really is no future for standalone audio master products ... then I guess the Core platform will be truly built into the devices ... which this UI approach suggests.

Really sucks that casual users can't easily play music though ... thinking hotels, guest rooms etc ... other than a Bluetooth stream.

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
132 Posts
Bronze Member
You can airplay?
Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL