Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 288 Replies | 4 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
10 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
152 Posts
Bronze Member

The Beovision Harmony is added to the B&O AR app. It's available in two version: Floor and wall mount. 

The wall mount is motorized in the same way as the floor stand, i.e. it moves up and the speakers fold out. 

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9mki (w/ Chromecast Audio), H2, H3, H8.

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
671 Posts
Silver Member

This is beautiful. 

A lot have been complaining that B&O have lost the magical movement. I honestly think David Lewis would be proud of this. He spoke in an interview of what could feasibly be done once panels got very thin and I think we have the answer here. He would have grappled with this problem  The movement is sci-fi and alien and unearthly - I’ve shown this video to non-B&O friends and they think it looks stunning and mesmerising. 

Some have that it doesn’t cover the whole screen. I don’t think that needs pointing out at all and this was clearly a deliberate industrial design choice. They didn’t want it to cover the whole screen. It’s almost an illusory effect. ‘It looks like a TV possibly but doesn’t really....gosh what on earth is it???’ Very clever strategy. 

Some have complained that the movement is too slow. You don’t buy a Rolls Royce for its breakneck acceleration. The doors close at a slow speed and even slower in the final 1-2cm. The Rolls Royce takes its time and won’t be rushed. It’s designed to lower you blood pressure and bring Zen to the manic hectic stupidity of modern life that is physiologically unbearable. When I come home, I want B&O movement and Scandinavian design to draw me in and slow my brain, heart and put the brakes on any active ADHD. The slower the movement and the slower the curtains the better. It slows your cognition into a lower gear. Japanese tea ceremony of TVs!

The choice of materials and the effect is exquisite - if I had this sort of money and a room big enough, I would pull the trigger!

Somebody has said that a smaller version is also in the pipeline so that is the one I will go for. 77” is too big for us. 

The sound bar will be phenomenal if Geoff Martin is behind the acoustic engineering. 

Now I hold my breath with a reservation. Will the software sorted and bugs ironed out before it hits the market??

Bloody well done B&O. 

Congratulations. 

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,412 Posts
Bronze Member

The black frets looks amazing. 10/10 for me over the wood.

But still I think you will call your dealer after a week to enter service menu to disconnect the damn slow movement !

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
515 Posts
Bronze Member
matador43:

Looks like a foldable dinning table to me

That’s the best thing I’ve seen all day Big Smile
Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,569 Posts
Bronze Member

Seethroughyou seems to really like it!Laughing

(edit : not quite as funny now that the other 3 duplicate posts have been deleted)Laughing

Ban boring signatures!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,569 Posts
Bronze Member

It will be interesting to see how rigid it is - i.e., if dog/child/football hits the speakers in the docked position can they thud into the screen?

Ban boring signatures!

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,381 Posts
Bronze Member

didn't come across that way to me.

Funny that.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,370 Posts
Bronze Member
TWG replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 8:06 PM

I like the new TV and the folding mechanism even if it honestly lacks sense behind the cool mechanics. Smile

I don't like the ugly wool cover (I don't like it on neither B&O speaker like M3, A6, M5...) this wool stuff looks more like IKEA than B&O. Let's hope they're working on a real aluminium cover, too. That would look much more like a real B&O thing.

Reminds me of an old Sony TV TAV-L1 which could hide the complete screen behind its moving speaker. It included a CD-Player etc, sound system, hidden touch controls in nice B&O red/orange style and had a display inside the speaker grill for usage as a pure music system:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiqtOQXFfug

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
730 Posts
Gold Member
We still need to know how the b&o bit is attached to the lg bit. Is it via wisa? Or is it wired? Do we connect external boxes to the lg bit or the b&o bit? And if so, where and how?

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,033 Posts
Bronze Member

+1

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
483 Posts
Silver Member

Mikipidia:
We still need to know how the b&o bit is attached to the lg bit. Is it via wisa? Or is it wired? Do we connect external boxes to the lg bit or the b&o bit? And if so, where and how?

And how the Centre speaker functionality is implemented since it cannot possibly be,- in the center?

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,181 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 8:30 PM
BEOVOX141:

And how the Centre speaker functionality is implemented since it cannot possibly be,- in the center?

Why not? The speakers create a speaker bar directly under the TV.
BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
483 Posts
Silver Member

There is a gap in the center... Smile

And yes you can emulate,- but it will never be as good as a single point!

cooldude
Not Ranked
62 Posts
Bronze Member

Love it!

Finally a TV at the level of beolabs 50's or 90's
Great if you can afford those, you really should consider this tv as well.

Needless to say... I just do not have the budget to buy one of these....

I want to dare B&O to make a functional sound bar at a reasonable price just for the audio part to fit with any existing off the shelf tv panel for all of us who just can NOT fork out $20K for a tv....  It would be the first B&O piece I would buy new right away in now 10 years.

Besides that, It's a piece of art on the wall when 'closed' and will give you joy each time you switch the tv on or off ..  Well done B&O!

Steph
Top 75 Contributor
France
988 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 9:01 PM

I love it :-)

Like Cooldude, i would love an Harmony sound system, without the TV part :-)

Page 7 of 20 (289 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL