Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 297 Replies | 4 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
11 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,225 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 5:15 PM
Earle:

Can't actually believe how close I was... almost laughable.

*Sorry, when you're rendering is that close, you gotta post it again ;-)

That was a pretty spectacular guess Earle. Most impressive.
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,452 Posts
Bronze Member

now young man, dont give up in the quest to go ever larger!

As a fellow BV12 owner, I've done the measurements of a 77 OLED (ok, Wallpaper version, but still) vs the 12-65.

It's not noticeably taller really - it is more obviously wider though.

But all told, its not night and day on my wall.

So a C9 77 is do-able.

Not the Harmony though, that's a true monster...

matador43
Top 150 Contributor
495 Posts
Bronze Member

ari:

A glimpse of the wall bracket. Suits this TV better imo

Looks like a foldable dinning table to me Big Smile

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,225 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 5:33 PM
matador43:

Looks like a foldable dinning table to me

Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile
PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 5:36 PM

i like it! the harmony looks like a B&O tv. no other brand could make this design. 

yes, it looks like a pair of beolab 5000 hooked on, but that is not a bad thing. classic B&O!

Alen
Top 500 Contributor
Ljubljana Slovenia
82 Posts
Bronze Member
Alen replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 5:40 PM

Like no one else. Congratulations B&O!

BS 1, Beo 1, BL 2, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2, BS 2, Beosound 2, Beplay M3, 2x BS 3, BS 4, 2x Beo 4, BS 5 + CD rip, BM 5, BL 5, BL 6000, Beo 6, BS 6, H6, BL 8000, 2x A8, BV 8-40, H9, 3x A9 Keyring, BL 12 - 3, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400, B&O Bottle Opener, BV Eclipse 55  My LEGO 

bramble
Top 200 Contributor
344 Posts
Bronze Member
The magic & style are back...looks amazingBig Smile

Beovision 7 40 mk 5 ,beovision 6x3,   beosound 3000, beogram 3300 , 2 x lc2, 2 x beocom 1401, beocom 6000 x 2,  5 x beo4, 

, 4 x beolab 4's, form 2, h2, a2,a1 and a beolab 2 😀😀

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,830 Posts
Bronze Member

PK:

i like it! the harmony looks like a B&O tv. no other brand could make this design. 

Or maybe no-one else is bonkers enough to bother (and to promote for €18K) at a time when dealers need products they can sell in their stores to your average end user.

I honestly cannot understand why people think awkward-looking speaker mechanism sat on top of a standard LG TV makes for a stunning design. Even if I liked it - which I don't - I'd be bored after watching it open up/close, after 3 or 4 times.

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
819 Posts
Gold Member
Sandyb:

The B&O sound bar is supposed to be fairly limited in its scope - look at the price Roger posted earlier - and from my understanding, a simple stereo only product, not designed to be integrated into a broader B&O ecosystem (it won't see your other BL speakers).

The equivalent of a Beosystem 5 / Centre channel (i.e. a much more fully rounded product) - in the works, but not until end of year / early next.

Depending on its execution, that later product should please a bunch of people.

There are reasons to believe it will play nice more easily with LG tv's compared to other brands, but that will become clearer over time.

May not be a bad outcome at all.

I would be in the market for both - a basic stereo version for the bedroom and a more advanced unit for the theater. Especially if they are offered at a reasonable price point. I think $1500 for the stereo version is fine. I just wouldn’t want $5000 for the “BeoSystem 5”. I think $3k - $4k would work for me if ticks all the boxes.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
362 Posts
Silver Member
moxxey:

Or maybe no-one else is bonkers enough to bother (and to promote for €18K) at a time when dealers need products they can sell in their stores to your average end user.

I agree. I cannot imagine this price point is something dealers have been longing for.

It won’t sell many speaker...
beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,536 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

The B&O sound bar is supposed to be fairly limited in its scope - look at the price Roger posted earlier - and from my understanding, a simple stereo only product, not designed to be integrated into a broader B&O ecosystem (it won't see your other BL speakers).

The equivalent of a Beosystem 5 / Centre channel (i.e. a much more fully rounded product) - in the works, but not until end of year / early next.

There are reasons to believe it will play nice more easily with LG tv's compared to other brands, but that will become clearer over time.

I'll be quite happy with my current dual-HDMI with BeoSystem 4 solution to wait a year then. I just hope that B&O sees that it's time to support Dolby Atmos -- which the Harmony still does not. With the prevalence of Atmos content now (we see it everywhere: UHD, Apple TV iTunes movies, Netflix, etc.), it's hard not to notice that B&O leaves users without a key feature in terms of sound.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,495 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 6:33 PM

Sandyb:

now young man, dont give up in the quest to go ever larger!

As a fellow BV12 owner, I've done the measurements of a 77 OLED (ok, Wallpaper version, but still) vs the 12-65.

It's not noticeably taller really - it is more obviously wider though.

But all told, its not night and day on my wall.

So a C9 77 is do-able.

Not the Harmony though, that's a true monster...

Same here, I measured, and if/when my 65 inch Panasonic VT dies, I can easily go to a 77 inch. With an 85 inch, I'd have to mount it too high considering the cabinets I have under it. The center of the screen would be too high, I'd have to look up to it, not a good thing for long viewing if you want to avoid a crick in your neck. And even something like the Eclipse wouldn't fit without a lot of rearranging that would destroy the look I worked on, doubly or triply so for this monster.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,452 Posts
Bronze Member

beojeff:

Sandyb:

I'll be quite happy with my current dual-HDMI with BeoSystem 4 solution to wait a year then. I just hope that B&O sees that it's time to support Dolby Atmos -- which the Harmony still does not. With the prevalence of Atmos content now (we see it everywhere: UHD, Apple TV iTunes movies, Netflix, etc.), it's hard not to notice that B&O leaves users without a key feature in terms of sound.

Fair point - I hadn't thought much about Atmos.

Agree that there's a decent amount of content now, though I'm not too bothered by it.

5.1 with my Beolabs is plenty fab as it is, but I can see why others may want Atmos.

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
11 Posts
Bronze Member

My Dealer told me the 77" Version is just the first Product, a 65" Beovision Harmony will follow ...

I hope so ...

Thomas

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,495 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 6:39 PM

moxxey:

kuyttendaele:

There's a big difference between a 55" and a 77" :-)

Both in size and weight. I'll never ever be able to get my BV12-65 off the wall on my own. It required 3 people to install originally. It's huge.

The 65" takes up most of my sitting room wall. No idea how I'd fit a 77" in my apartment (and it's 1500 sq ft).

Interesting, is the BL12 that much heavier than the Panasonic version. I managed to get mine on the way with just my wife's help, which is to say not much help. Smile As for weight, they seem to get lighter all the time, my 65 weighs just a bit more than my old 42 inch. My old Proton 31 inch tube set weighed 272 lbs!

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Page 6 of 20 (298 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL