Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 288 Replies | 4 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
10 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,181 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 4:06 PM
kuyttendaele:

There's a big difference between a 55" and a 77" :-)

A 55" would just fit in my appartement... But a 77" is just too monstrous...

I agree. I’ve just bought a 55 as an upgrade to my previous 40. I thought long and hard about going 65 because movies would look that bit more awesome. But anything bigger than 55 would simply dominate my room TOO much.
Roger
Top 150 Contributor
Norway
415 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 4:12 PM

@kuyttendaele: I guess B&O had some fun with the name: BeoVision HavemoneyBig Smile

Roger

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
191 Posts
Silver Member

Duels:
kuyttendaele:

I agree. I’ve just bought a 55 as an upgrade to my previous 40. I thought long and hard about going 65 because movies would look that bit more awesome. But anything bigger than 55 would simply dominate my room TOO much.

Same here. I was hoping for 55 as well. 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,771 Posts
Bronze Member

kuyttendaele:

Both in size and weight. I'll never ever be able to get my BV12-65 off the wall on my own. It required 3 people to install originally. It's huge.

The 65" takes up most of my sitting room wall. No idea how I'd fit a 77" in my apartment (and it's 1500 sq ft).

ari
Top 500 Contributor
144 Posts
Bronze Member
ari replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 4:18 PM

A glimpse of the wall bracket. Suits this TV better imo

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,033 Posts
Bronze Member

The biggest we could go at home is 65”....so no HaveMoney for us 😁

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,472 Posts
Silver Member

Marcello:

Duels:
kuyttendaele:

Same here. I was hoping for 55 as well. 

I just upgraded from a 65" tv to a 75" tv a week ago. For me, the upgrade was mostly just because the 75" at $1000 was only HALF the price that my 65" was a few years ago. I wouldn't have gone with such a large tv if the price had been much higher.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,181 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 4:26 PM
ari:

A glimpse of the wall bracket. Suits this TV better imo

Yes absolutely.

Only just noticed the wooden frets get thicker as they move to the outside (or bottom). Nice detail.
BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,412 Posts
Bronze Member

We wanted electronic curtains, we have wood curtains !

So if Eclipse is EOL (55" on floor stand is max I can fit) I will have to very rapidly decide if I want to par with my BV11-46.

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
185 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 4:37 PM

Big Smile Can't actually believe how close I was...  almost laughable.

*Sorry, when you're rendering is that close, you gotta post it again ;-)

Anyway, I'd love to see/hear it in person, but all my dealers are closed Sad

Not sure I'd ever have one, but the experience of it would be nice. I can't tell from the short clips, but is there no electronic curtain?

Those RL-esque grills are spectacular though!

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
483 Posts
Silver Member

How this reminds me about a classic Beolab/Beovox 5000, my favourite by far over the wooden version. Why not release the design as a stand-alone speaker?- I am in!  It would be cool if the part of the display above the speakers could be active when in sound-center mode.

Epsilon20
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Bronze Member

For me this TV is more of a piece of Art where you either love it or hate it.

I'm glad i got my Beovision Eclipse 55  last month after selling my LOEWE BILD 7.. I'l be keeping that TV for a while.

The Beovison Eclipse was my first ever BV TV and i personally love it. The BV Harmony looks like a "TV concept of the future" product designed in the 70s /80s  at an expensive price point.  The movement of the panels shoould have just move DONWARDS like the LOEWE BILD 7, now that was classy.

I have a set of Beolab 50s, two pairs of 18s  and a host of other B&O speakers so the budget is not the issue here.The movement of the panels shoould have just move DONWARDS like the LOEWE BILD 7, now that was classy AND it had the black curtains in software.

Also No one seems to be mentioning that fact the Harmony has LOST the motorised stand to rotate the TV in different positions. I suppose at 77 inch that would be impossible/impractical. The two tiered wood colour is ok but i would prefer a single tone like all maple, all oak or all smoked oak The two tone grey fabric is terrible take away from the contrast of the wood.

If B&O does release are centre speaker with less capabilities that the eclipse that will be funny.

At this point the future for me once my eclipse packs or i decide to upgrade  is a non B&O TV with a soundbard will not match from an aesthetic point of view. The prospect of no beoremote is not great, i never got why people loved it so much until i got the eclsipse. To me me the future post Eclipse would be the LG rollable TV with a B&O soundba - Now that is impressive and moderrn.

Allot of people slated the Eclipse including myself until i got one, now I magine there will be a rush of people trying to get the eclipse before they run out of stock. Especially as theres no 55 inch version of any B&O TV left in the catalogue assuming the Eclipse /Horizon are EOL.

i always thougt i was late to the B&O party with my first BV being the Eclipse but it seems i got in at the optimum time.

Beovision Eclipse 55 Brass Edition with Oak covers and Brass Orbital stand

Beolab 50s silver & Oak, Beolab 18 Brass with Smoked Oak, Beolab 18 Rose Gold with Maple Covers, Beolab 19 Black.

paulwhitehead
Top 500 Contributor
164 Posts
Bronze Member

77 inch and its 18500 euro 

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,381 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

The biggest we could go at home is 65”....so no HaveMoney for us 😁

Wait for the Beosystem 5 / centre channel product - end of the year / beginning of next.

Is what many have asked for I guess.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,381 Posts
Bronze Member

The B&O sound bar is supposed to be fairly limited in its scope - look at the price Roger posted earlier - and from my understanding, a simple stereo only product, not designed to be integrated into a broader B&O ecosystem (it won't see your other BL speakers).

The equivalent of a Beosystem 5 / Centre channel (i.e. a much more fully rounded product) - in the works, but not until end of year / early next.

Depending on its execution, that later product should please a bunch of people.

There are reasons to believe it will play nice more easily with LG tv's compared to other brands, but that will become clearer over time.

May not be a bad outcome at all.

Page 5 of 20 (289 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL