Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 277 Replies | 4 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
10 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,338 Posts
Bronze Member

Quite....

You can buy a 77 or 88 inch from B&O then, with this lifting mechanism.

But for anything else, you'll have to go elsewhere...

That's a Beovision business much as it always was then?

As to the standalone sound bar and no remote / PUC.......well, I did try and say don't count on it.....

I'll start making the next humble pie.....

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,338 Posts
Bronze Member

Emil, I write this in good faith.

We too are sad that we are essentially in a post BV world, unless you want this offering.

We too enjoy in the same way as you the BR One and all its loveliness.

And remember, many of us too are very enamoured of Scandinavian design.

Where this debate has got off track is that some of our/my critiques and reading of the big picture were a little too defensively dismissed, almost in the way that internet trolls should be. But trolling is from people whose only investment is to cause trouble. 

Many of us who have offered critiques have huge amounts invested in B&O equipment - we are invested in every sense, and would love nothing more than B&O to succeed.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,742 Posts
Bronze Member

Roger:

@Sandb: you're fairly spot on, as always. 

The Eclipse and the Horizon were declared EOL last month (March) and B&O is, sort of, exiting the TV market

Wow. This is big news. Eclipse is EOL?

The Harmony is just way too expensive and unnecessary for me. The speaker movement wouldn't impress many people I know under 50 and definitely wouldn't impress anyone once I mention how much I paid for the TV set. You aren't even really hiding the TV either. 

Without being personal, I'd love to see a poll of the age group of the people who like and would buy this new Harmony. It kind of appeals to people who remember B&O from the 70s/early 80s.

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
387 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

Emil, I write this in good faith.

We too are sad that we are essentially in a post BV world, unless you want this offering.

We too enjoy in the same way as you the BR One and all its loveliness.

And remember, many of us too are very enamoured of Scandinavian design.

Where this debate has got off track is that some of our/my critiques and reading of the big picture were a little too defensively dismissed, almost in the way that internet trolls should be. But trolling is from people whose only investment is to cause trouble. 

Many of us who have offered critiques have huge amounts invested in B&O equipment - we are invested in every sense, and would love nothing more than B&O to succeed.

Yes I hope that you are as sad of being right as I am of being wrong.

Anyway I have the Eclipse, and in 5 years we might only use AR headsets Whistle

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 20, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,338 Posts
Bronze Member

Roger:

@Sandb: you're fairly spot on, as always. 

The Eclipse and the Horizon were declared EOL last month (March) and B&O is, sort of, exiting the TV market: This is a lift and a speaker system for the 77" and 88" LG TV's. As B&O "lost" control of the totality, mounting options had to be limited to a controlled lift environment: wall mounting or turning a 3. party screen is difficult from an HSE point in todays world (liability). At the first presentation B&O hadn't even decided if the LG TV should be supplied by the dealer or by another party (Dixons a.o.).

Roger

Thanks Roger, and for the informative response.

While some will mourn this, a B&O sound bar allied to a 3rd party TV is not necessarily a bad outcome.

I posed this question on the forum a few months back - and while some would obviously prefer further BV's, a good amount of responses favoured the B&O sound + 3rd party TV option.

All will depend on execution of the sound bar - from what I understand it is stereo, but am not aware of how it can be integrated into a surround set up, or is indeed NL capable. And yes, the remote / control interface will be interesting.

Interesting times ahead.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,338 Posts
Bronze Member

yes indeed, its a shame.

The upcoming sound bar will, I think, be possibly more controversial - especially if its doesn't have the scope of the (lets say) Eclipse sound centre....but let's see, and also wait on how they resolve the remote dilemma.

It has the chance of working out quite well for everyone, but let's see the execution.

As for the other video product in the pipeline for this year, I have no idea.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,338 Posts
Bronze Member

Same here - but unless LG sell you the Wallpaper without their connection box / sound bar unit, how is this possible?

A sound bar is supposed to be coming from B&O - though that may not please everyone either, especially if its more limited in scope than the Eclipse sound centre, and is not Beoreomote controlled (see Roger's post on this thread), nor PUC capable.

It's not a perfect world - the 2 panels I would consider (the Panasonic GZ2000 (Pro panel), and the Wallpaper) come bundled with sound solutions that I don't really want.

Oh for the days of the Pioneer Kuro, which could be bought without speakers!

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,353 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 3:08 PM

moxxey:

Without being personal, I'd love to see a poll of the age group of the people who like and would buy this new Harmony. It kind of appeals to people who remember B&O from the 70s/early 80s.

Dare I say it? The "pipe and slippers brigade."Stick out tongue

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,142 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 3:19 PM
moxxey:

Wow. This is big news. Eclipse is EOL?

The Harmony is just way too expensive and unnecessary for me. The speaker movement wouldn't impress many people I know under 50 and definitely wouldn't impress anyone once I mention how much I paid for the TV set. You aren't even really hiding the TV either.

I’m thinking more the very rich in multi million pound/dollar warehouse style apartments.

Possibly not the biggest target market in the world.
Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
387 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

Same here - but unless LG sell you the Wallpaper without their connection box / sound bar unit, how is this possible?

A sound bar is supposed to be coming from B&O - though that may not please everyone either, especially if its more limited in scope than the Eclipse sound centre, and is not Beoreomote controlled (see Roger's post on this thread), nor PUC capable.

It's not a perfect world - the 2 panels I would consider (the Panasonic GZ2000 (Pro panel), and the Wallpaper) come bundled with sound solutions that I don't really want.

Oh for the days of the Pioneer Kuro, which could be bought without speakers!

That the W serie have a lousy sound bar attached is so dumb. Who is given that much money, and then settle with sound like that?

If anyone is in the market for a 77" W serie, they should look at the Harmony instead, not much price difference, but IMO you get much much more with the Beovision.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 20, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,742 Posts
Bronze Member

Duels:
I’m thinking more the very rich in multi million pound/dollar warehouse style apartments.

Yep, but who has an apartment in 2019 that fits the style which suits the Harmony? Especially a warehouse apartment. It looks clumsy and rather pointless. I could understand if the speaker parts completely hid the panel, so you couldn't see the TV, but they don't?

I'd prefer an Eclipse, tbh.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
419 Posts
Bronze Member

Like the design, I like the movement of the speakers... But... Too big. That thing is a beast

I do hope that they haven't forgotten that there are customers who would be willing to drop some €€€€'s for a descent 40" (or even 32") TV.

Karel.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,142 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 3:47 PM
kuyttendaele:

Like the design, I like the movement of the speakers... But... Too big. That thing is a beast

I do hope that they haven't forgotten that there are customers who would be willing to drop some €€€€'s for a descent 40" (or even 32") TV.

Karel.

Fair point but are there enough people who do. Talking to a salesman in a department store tv department the other day. I asked what percentage of their TV sales were 55” or above? He said 90%. Then said “perhaps even 95%”.
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
419 Posts
Bronze Member

Duels:

Fair point but are there enough people who do. Talking to a salesman in a department store tv department the other day. I asked what percentage of their TV sales were 55” or above? He said 90%. Then said “perhaps even 95%”.

There's a big difference between a 55" and a 77" :-)

A 55" would just fit in my appartement... But a 77" is just too monstrous...

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,546 Posts
Bronze Member

The B&O page seems to show a wall bracket version!

Ban boring signatures!

Page 4 of 19 (278 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL