Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New B&O TV BeoVison Harmony

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 277 Replies | 4 Followers

SoundsGood
Not Ranked
Hamburg
10 Posts
Bronze Member
SoundsGood posted on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:05 AM

Not Bad ...

https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/bang-olufsen-beovision-harmony-tv#pic_259897

All Replies

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
511 Posts
Bronze Member

...hope there will be something at 55"/65" size with appropriate price adjustment for "regular people".

Like it, btw, and can't wait to learn more about it.

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
977 Posts
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 1:26 PM
I really like this!!!

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

Roger
Top 150 Contributor
Norway
415 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 1:27 PM

@Michael: there's a soundbar just around the corner at approx €1.500 (dressed in Kvadrat fabric)

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
387 Posts
Bronze Member

Roger:

Should add that I'm very happy to see that B&O is still focusing on the BeoVision side - and not only releasing headphones and portable speakers. 

The final version of the Harmony is stunning, but at a price point that will not help most B1's - but the sound bar and the other video product to be released later will hopefully increase in-store traffic with their more affordable price points. 

Today, IMHO, B&O is great at the very high end of audio & video - and at the Beoplay end... they are struggling with the middle part that most here are interested in. 

Roger

Hallo Roger,

Good to hear from you.

Does it mean you can buy a C9 display, and then only the stand at B&O,

And how does that function with the hardware?

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 20, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,061 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger:

@Michael: there's a soundbar just around the corner at approx €1.500 (dressed in Kvadrat fabric)

Really? I look forward to it
Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
387 Posts
Bronze Member

Roger:

@Sandb: you're fairly spot on, as always. 

The Eclipse and the Horizon were declared EOL last month (March) and B&O is, sort of, exiting the TV market: This is a lift and a speaker system for the 77" and 88" LG TV's. As B&O "lost" control of the totality, mounting options had to be limited to a controlled lift environment: wall mounting or turning a 3. party screen is difficult from an HSE point in todays world (liability). At the first presentation B&O hadn't even decided if the LG TV should be supplied by the dealer or by another party (Dixons a.o.).

Roger

Hallo Roger,

What is B&O argument to make the Eclipse EOL, All dealers I have spoken with, have been more than satisfied with the sales?

Also should be easy to make the C9 fit.

Could not think the dealers is happy with this situation. 

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,142 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 1:33 PM
I can’t decide if I like it or not. Part of me thinks it’s an amazing moving sculpture. Another part is scratching my head. Guess I’ll need to see it in the flesh (as is always the case) to decide. But whatever the case, it’s an ambitious effort.

I do hope there are inbuilt sensors to stop the speakers if they come into contact with pets or small children! I’m sure that will have been thought of.
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,338 Posts
Bronze Member

https://www.t3.com/news/forget-unrolling-tvs-bang-and-olufsens-77-inch-beovision-harmony-oled-unfolds-for-sound-and-vision

slightly different video here - god it looks huge!

Impressive I guess, in its own way.

Looks better closed than open.

Open, the speaker part is just too big in relation to the screen....

Roger
Top 150 Contributor
Norway
415 Posts
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 1:44 PM

Hello Emil,

As you probably know, especially the Danish dealers didn't like the initial idea that Struer came up with as it basically meant that customers could buy the screen elsewhere and that the much loved B&O remote was dropped. There were a lot of feelings around the remote part. I think that the solution for the Harmony will please the dealers, as the iminent soundbar of course will be used with 3. party TV's. Here the remote issue remains, and might be one of the reasons why the March release of the soundbar was dropped? CEC communication opens up a lot of possibilites for B&O, even more so than the previous STB-C and PUC systems could do. 

Roger

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,353 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 2:00 PM

AdamS:

I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh but it looks clumsy in the pictures, and I can't help feeling the speaker movement is just design for design's sake. I suspect David Lewis would not have approved...

I agree, motion just because, well, we want to have something moving. I liked the Avant's motion better, and thought it wasn't needed design wise. This looks tacked on, and slow. The motion on other things like glass doors made sense.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,546 Posts
Bronze Member

"The Eclipse and the Horizon were declared EOL last month (March) and B&O is, sort of, exiting the TV market:"

I have a large humble pie in the oven - can those wishing to partake please form an orderly queue!!

Ban boring signatures!

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
387 Posts
Bronze Member

Roger:

Hello Emil,

As you probably know, especially the Danish dealers didn't like the initial idea that Struer came up with as it basically meant that customers could buy the screen elsewhere and that the much loved B&O remote was dropped. There were a lot of feelings around the remote part. I think that the solution for the Harmony will please the dealers, as the iminent soundbar of course will be used with 3. party TV's. Here the remote issue remains, and might be one of the reasons why the March release of the soundbar was dropped? CEC communication opens up a lot of possibilites for B&O, even more so than the previous STB-C and PUC systems could do. 

Roger

Hallo Roger,

Yea I could imagine that it is very difficult to come up with the right solution.

The remote for me is best part, and the reason why my girlfriend is actually using the TV and not her laptop.

CEC have never really worked for me, You turn on the tv, and then the PS4 starts because it was turned off like that, and in generel more a hassle then anything. (And I have been through all of it before settle with the Beovision)

Lets hope B&O find a way to keep the remote. 

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,142 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 2:06 PM
Puncher:

" The Eclipse and the Horizon were declared EOL last month (March) and B&O is, sort of, exiting the TV market:"

I have a large humble pie in the oven - can those wishing to partake please form an orderly queue!!

Ban boring signatures!

There’s no way you’ve got an oven that big!
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,338 Posts
Bronze Member

mawheele:
Sandyb:

There remain doubts over the sustainability of a BV business, much as I'd welcome that they find a way in the video side of things.

No. No. No. couldn’t be more wrong! Let’s use the Harmony as a way of drawing a line under these false rumours and observations.

I'd refer you to Roger's response to my further down....

Emil Jensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
387 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:

"The Eclipse and the Horizon were declared EOL last month (March) and B&O is, sort of, exiting the TV market:"

Yea I did not believe this, sad that I was wrong.

I am not looking forward to a future without a Beoremote, after being trough several Televisions and surround receiveres I have not found anything that is half as good as the Eclipse. 

Page 3 of 19 (278 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL