Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

What is this?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 173 Replies | 3 Followers

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,276 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen posted on Mon, Mar 25 2019 8:42 PM

Anyone?

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,276 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

Will the sound part even work when closed?

I suspect not.

Good question - but why not?

They have worked with ‘turning the sound’ before - e.g. in the A3....back then.

MM

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,593 Posts
Bronze Member

OK everyone - we aren't allowed to comment or speculate until we've seen it ..... MM says so!!!Huh?

Ban boring signatures!

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:59 AM

You should know the rules by now.

Come on man, get a grip.....

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
243 Posts
Bronze Member

Very cool and lovely. Clicks all the traditional B&O Values boxes. Much better than LG rollup version. 

Agree with @Puncber in can't imagine stand alone audio will be very special, but that customer can afford to add any speakers they want.

Can B&O translate that to other sizes so dealers will be willing to build inventory? 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,276 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:

OK everyone - we aren't allowed to comment or speculate until we've seen it ..... MM says so!!!Huh?

As I have said before, you can comment on anything and in whatever way, you like.....no problems there.

But - on the other hand - isn’t it legitimate to ask how someone can comment on the sound, when he hasn’t even heard that tv,....or am I not allowed to do so 😉

MM

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
813 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 12:30 PM
Sandyb:

Will the sound part even work when closed?

I suspect not.

The article seems to indicate when off or playing music, the screen is in the down position, partially hidden by the speakers. So I think it does work as a sound source as well.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Apr 8 2019 12:35 PM

yes, seen that from the tech radar article.....

And thats a good thing, glad they did it, even if I wasn't; sure they would.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
243 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Puncher:

As I have said before, you can comment on anything and in whatever way, you like.....no problems there.

But - on the other hand - isn’t it legitimate to ask how someone can comment on the sound, when he hasn’t even heard that tv,....or am I not allowed to do so 😉

MM

Using that logic, how do you extrapolate the beauty of the TV from just a picture?

Because the panels are lamella and flat against the TV, audio experience would suggest the DSP profile of the "open" TV will offer more separation and bass expansion.

Plus, it was a REACTION. Geez. 

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
857 Posts
Gold Member
We need to know how it’s connected, if because of the movement it’s done via wisa you end up in a less than ideal situation for playing high res audio through the tv itselft

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Page 12 of 12 (174 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL