Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beolab 50 is so unstable with me...

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter Dorr
Not Ranked
Soest
22 Posts
OFFLINE
Bronze Member
Peter Dorr posted on Wed, Mar 13 2019 8:46 AM

If they work they sound absolutely fab.

but.....

quite often I have one of these two problems (or even both)

1) No wifi connection, so no way of controlling it via the app. where as my home wifi network is stable.

2) No sound/activity at all. They are connected through a high end RCA cable to my Marantz SR8012 receiver.

and it drives me crazy up to the level as being ready to sell them off. Despitethe great sound.

any thoughts, help?

thanks

Peter

 

 

All Replies

Epsilon20
Not Ranked
16 Posts
OFFLINE
Bronze Member

Thanks allot Michael, Have you tested these on the USB port of the 50's? I dont really fancy putting an ugly cable from my router to the 50s.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,039 Posts
OFFLINE
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Mar 15 2019 12:25 PM
Epsilon20:

Thanks allot Michael, Have you tested these on the USB port of the 50's? I dont really fancy putting an ugly cable from my router to the 50s.

Unfortunately not, I don’t have those speakers myself. I have Beolab 20s. Beolab 50 would be nice but a bit to expensive and from what I gather not really well designed :/.

I think they would work but I can’t say for sure. I hope so :)

I forgot that they are only 300 mbit but I guess the network connection will be used mainly for remote control of them and not for any heavy data transfer?

300 mb is still sufficient for most streaming so I don’t think it should affect them in a bad way.
Esax
Top 500 Contributor
66 Posts
OFFLINE
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Fri, Mar 15 2019 2:48 PM
I run the wifi from apple time capsule. And streaming to airport express connected to the beolab 50 trough optical. Would be interesting to know if anybody having problems whit wifi from apple products.
Peter Dorr
Not Ranked
Soest
22 Posts
OFFLINE
Bronze Member

So I was finally home again to test the wired setup.

I plugged in a network cable and one speaker (the master) started to ply straight away.
So I did a factory reset in the 50's and now everything is working fine again.

I did a room compensation calibration with the mic and created a few presets. (Movies and Hi-Fi)
Now let's hope all stays fine with the wired connection.

If anything does go wrong again I will report back, so no news is good news!

Thanks for all your help and support.

Peter

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL