rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 79 Replies | 0 Followers

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,605 Posts
Bronze Member
Puncher posted on Sun, Mar 10 2019 12:24 PM

As an old timer, I remember Beoworld not only being very informative but also a really fun place to post and generally hang out!

Sadly (and I say this with great regret) the "fun" element seems to have gone - have the fun people left and if so why? - have, in general, internet forums moved on to be inhabited by dry, PC types? - have the Beoworld old guard lost interest and faith in the new products or company (please differentiate in replies)? In short, what has happened to my favourite forum?

Ban boring signatures!

All Replies

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,605 Posts
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Mar 20 2019 10:11 AM

Jason :
convinced at one point that puncher was actually KEZ as a small boy 😂

I had forgotten about that !!LaughingLaughingWhistle

Ban boring signatures!

Jason
Top 500 Contributor
Redditch Worcestershire
160 Posts
Bronze Member
Jason replied on Wed, Mar 20 2019 10:23 AM

Its the first thing i remembered 😆😂😄

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,605 Posts
Bronze Member

Ban boring signatures!

Evan
Top 25 Contributor
Germany
3,595 Posts
Gold Member
Evan replied on Thu, Mar 21 2019 12:22 PM

Jonathan:
It became the same couple of people answering EVERY question or commenting on EVERY post in a serious tone.

100% this. No - thumbs down

Beo4 'til I die!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,132 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Mar 21 2019 11:02 PM
In days this has gotten 80 replies, wouldn’t say this place is abandoned, and come on. The grass is always greener on the other side; it was better before; etc etc. we’ve all heard it before. Everywhere.

I see conversations here every day, I often go in just to watch and read, sometimes I reply or ask. I talk B&O with friends around the world and use my B&O every day too. Some of it travels with me and when I see someone with B&O I react, as so usually they. I think B&O is alive as ever. There’s not only B&O that makes cool tech anymore and people are more and more adopting it. Also people have other interests and life’s going on. I guess a lot of the older guys here have gone to other priorities like family, grand children, moving from a bigger house perhaps.

I like that it’s not always the same, us as a community flows with time and it’s fun and interesting to see the older systems and how people sometimes become members because they moved in and found all these weird powerlink and beolink cabling in the walls, or a Beosound or two “forgotten” on a wall.

Just my opinion but sure, not everyone is here as often as before but new members come along and some are here just like before.
Page 6 of 6 (80 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL