Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

beo sound moment

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 66 Replies | 4 Followers

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
119 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul cheacker posted on Sun, Mar 3 2019 9:17 AM

Hi, I bought a beo sound moment off of ebay in January so decided to buy the wall stand. whilst installing the stand and putting the cables inside the wall to make a clean look, the beo sound moment was unplugged for two days. after replugging it in now the screen is just blank. its been on charge over night and still nothing. is this correct what I've been reading that this is a known issue and it will need to be repaired. to me thats incredible i have never had a product in my life before whereby being off charge it needs to be repaired. if this is so, how much will this cost. its very nearly turned me off of b and o and on to sonos. 

if anyone knows how to fix this, or how much it costs can you please advise me. thanks

Current b and o Products

beosound 5 encore, beolabs 6000, beogram 4500, playmaker mk1

All Replies

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
448 Posts
Silver Member

I did want to buy Moment

and regarding all problems ..i think not ..and it's not possible to repair it on component level ..as many new B&O items.

As BL4 power amp PCB.. hey 130€ for 5x7cm electronic board ..are you MAD..wt..f.

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
119 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Millemissen you should of read my last enter it was bought on ebay from B and O Leamington Spar shop, a lot of B and O shops sell products on ebay. So yeah Im right to be angry and I have rights under uk law. which I have wrote to the shop about and are awaiting an answer. 

Current b and o Products

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
119 Posts
Bronze Member

I bought it in January it is 3 years old and it was not mentioned to me at ll or in the listing who it was being sold on behalf of.

Current b and o Products

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,940 Posts
Bronze Member

Paul cheacker:

Hi Millemissen you should of read my last enter it was bought on ebay from B and O Leamington Spar shop, a lot of B and O shops sell products on ebay. So yeah Im right to be angry and I have rights under uk law. which I have wrote to the shop about and are awaiting an answer. 

Ok - then!

But as Ralf wrote, ‘If you bought it from a shop you should have some warranty. Even for used stuff. Minimum 6 months.’

Then why is the dealer talking about some ‘fee upfront’?
Warranty is not just a UK thing - Spain is in the EU and it is the same there. I guess that is not different, when a dealer sells off ebay.
MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
119 Posts
Bronze Member

Anyway Ive taken it back to a B and O dealer in Valencia Spain where I live, lets see the outcome. Depending on this, can someone advise me if there is a set of headphones that can be linked to the moment to wirelessly listen to music

Current b and o Products

Hate to be the cranky realist here but the moment is the worst product B&O has ever made.

The moment can't do anything an iPad with a cheap NAS/Sonos can't do, for 1/10th the cost. I'd suggest getting your money back if you can.

--

BeoLab 18's. Beolab 3's. A8. A9. A2. H7.

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
119 Posts
Bronze Member
Well I guess in life we all have our own personal opinons, I myself like the moment alot.

So my question is there away to connect wireless headphones with the moment if so does anyone know which ones?

Current b and o Products

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
209 Posts
Bronze Member

Paul cheacker:
Well I guess in life we all have our own personal opinons, I myself like the moment alot.

So my question is there away to connect wireless headphones with the moment if so does anyone know which ones?

I would think being functional and reliable would be conditions for liking it alot, or did I miss a post? 

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,359 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Mar 17 2019 10:59 PM
It works pretty well now and has done for the last year or so.

But it’s not a very good product by design though.
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,249 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Mar 18 2019 11:25 AM
Paul cheacker:

There is not.

Moment is not sending anything over Bluetooth. Just receiving.

Did you get your problems sorted?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
119 Posts
Bronze Member
Well after 4 weeks of being sent places I finally get an answer, and that answer is a total replacement of the jukebox costing 520 euros. Wow the shop in the uk did a good one on me. My trust in buying second hand from a b and o shop has gone. The repair shop in Germany, because of the model had to be sent to Germany stated the untit had been drop sometime in it life. Not by me.... but the oak side had a mark i put that down to wear and tear. Anyway the choice is pay the money or have a door stop. Im going to write to the citizens advice to check what my rights are. Ive contact the b and o shop in the uk but they dont respond. Seems like these days customer service is not that important to some shops (not all) but some.

Current b and o Products

Beophile
Not Ranked
USA
38 Posts
Founder
Beophile replied on Tue, Apr 23 2019 11:38 PM

Unfortunately, my Moment just experienced exactly the same issue. That is, my Moment was working fine when I unplugged the power cable of the Soundheart with the Jukebox still on the Soundheart.  After a couple of weeks with the Soundheart being without power, I went to resetup the Moment.  The Jukebox was unresponsive, but I assumed it was discharged so I plugged in the power cable of the Soundheart.  After days of trying to charge the Jukebox, the Jukebox would not come back to life (although the Soundheart appears to be functioning properly).  That is, the screen remains dark and the Soundheart (as far as I can tell) does not see the Jukebox.  I believe I’m a month or so out of the 3 year warranty, so it looks like I’ll have to spend $800 to replace the Jukebox.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,249 Posts
Bronze Member

Severed_Hand_of_Skywalker:

Hate to be the cranky realist here but the moment is the worst product B&O has ever made.

The moment can't do anything an iPad with a cheap NAS/Sonos can't do, for 1/10th the cost. I'd suggest getting your money back if you can.

The encore tops the list i think

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
448 Posts
Silver Member
marexy replied on Wed, Apr 24 2019 12:05 PM

So sorry for all you with no luck on BSM.

I did want to purchase BSM some time ago

That is why i still have BS9000 mk3 FM, CD on aux + all moden add-ons on the music server.
intrernet radio, streaming spotify, deezer, tidal , 3tb music disc, ripping,yoube , can be wisa with USB support...ect...
Hi END D/A conveter that make total difference in music. And i think TIDAL is best option for hi res. music streaming.
No problems in 3 years.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,249 Posts
Bronze Member
I use an iPad now

Page 2 of 5 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL