Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Help needed - pairing a sky Q remote to a beovision 8....

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Cue
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Cue posted on Sat, Feb 16 2019 12:27 PM

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help.

My beo4 remote's blown a semi conductor, while I'm getting it repaired (which I can't start until Monday), I've thought a short term solution could be to pair my spare sky q remote with the beovision 8 tv.

Any one know how to do this and what code is best for the beovision 8-26 version?

I will point out that the tv is a stand alone, only connected to gaming devices like a wii and playstation, so does not have a sky q box attached and doesn't have an ariel connected.

Help....

All Replies

BeoVishion
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Cue,

Unfortunately, this is not possible to use to control the BeoVision 8. The Sky Q remote will only be able to be used with a Sky Q box and it seems you do not have one connected.

You'd need some sort of BeoRemote or Beo4 to control your BV 8; as there are no buttons on your TV to turn the product off or on.

For example, once your Beo4 is repaired you should be able to update your BV 8 with the PUC tables to control your Sky Q box - this would mean you'll need a PUC cable and most likely a visit from an engineer to upload the PUC tables onto your BV 8.

Vish

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL