rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 82 Replies | 2 Followers

Bv7Mk3
Top 100 Contributor
uk
775 Posts
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 posted on Sat, Jan 26 2019 9:57 PM

Not been on here for a while and wondering anything like a new hifi or upgrade to Eclipse or

Another tv ia on the way?.Im losing the will to B&O.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,334 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Sun, Jan 27 2019 8:38 AM
Verified by beolion
I heard that there will be a replacement to Horizon once the current stock are sold out. No OLED since the sizes will be 40” and upwards.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

All Replies

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,060 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Jan 30 2019 3:58 PM

moxxey:

Puncher:

... but could equally have been inspired by a cost to my greenhouse with much less expense!

But does your greenhouse look as inspirational as a shoot in Marrakesh?

If she drops these, they're lost forever... Laughing

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
244 Posts
Gold Member

What a shame! This spring's colour selection does not include Purple Haze ...

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,H6 2nd gen,Earphones A8,A9 keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma,Beoplay A1,Oppo udp-203, LinTronic.

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Thu, Jan 31 2019 9:51 AM

I fear that B&O continues to alienate existing loyal customers, to terminate dealerships that exist for ages and keeps introducing new colors for existing products. I hope the brand name can survive the path taken.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
251 Posts
Bronze Member

deleted

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
251 Posts
Bronze Member

OldJack:

What a shame! This spring's colour selection does not include Purple Haze ...

Pantone does the work and BeoColor takes a trip and writes a story to please the executives. I would enjoy argument for your idea....but I think it is over the BeoColor Team's head. Of course they did do the Marrakesh Express.

Purple haze all in my brain

Lately things just don't seem the same

Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky

Purple haze all around

Don't know if I'm comin' up or down

Am I happy or in misery?

Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,737 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Jan 31 2019 3:24 PM
The most recent video from John at B and O Manchester mentions lots of new products coming this year.
Gennaro
Top 500 Contributor
Bronx, NY
76 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS:

I fear that B&O continues to alienate existing loyal customers, to terminate dealerships that exist for ages and keeps introducing new colors for existing products. I hope the brand name can survive the path taken.

I agree with you 100%. It’s a shame to a company as powerful as them to go all the way down to just selling headphones .... so sad

Beovision 11-55, BeoPlay V1 40, Beosound 9000, Beolab 8000's and 3 Beocom 5's... Smile

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,737 Posts
Bronze Member
I started buying B and O products in the 1990s. At that time B and O sold one TV, the 32 inch Avant. Now there are two, the Eclipse and the Horizon.

As for speakers, they sold the 2500, 3500, 4000, 6000, 8000, and 1. Now they sell the Celestial, Palatial, 17, 18, 19, 20, 50, and 90. In other words they have a broader product line for both speakers and tvs now, than in the 1990s.

For sound systems there was the 2000/Century, the 3000/3200 and the 9000. Now there is just the Core. But then there is also now available the Beolit 17, A1, P2, P6, Edge, Shape, 35, 1, 2, A9, M5, M3.

And now there are also multiple styles of headphones.

Looking at the number of products in the various categories, it seems to me that they have many more products, and much more variety of products than in the past, so I do not really understand the belief that all they do is change colors and make headphones.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,354 Posts
Bronze Member

Razlaw:

Looking at the number of products in the various categories, it seems to me that they have many more products, and much more variety of products than in the past, so I do not really understand the belief that all they do is change colors and make headphones.

+1

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Robin
Top 500 Contributor
Nrw
82 Posts
Bronze Member
Robin replied on Sat, Feb 2 2019 9:34 AM
+1 as well (besides there has been the mx, lx, av 9000 and av 5) but I support the idea that everyone is crying frustrated them doing nothing new.

2 days more and there will be ise. Really excited if anything new is coming.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,495 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Feb 2 2019 10:31 AM

So, the metric now is how many different products are produced, not whether they are good products, or represent a coordinated and cohesive design and product portfolio (as in the past), or work well together, but just number of products! It's not a throw everything at the wall and see if anything sticks, while abandoning products rather than fixing them, or rather I should say designing them well to begin with. Wow, the old DaK company must have been the best company on earth then.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,354 Posts
Bronze Member

No, the metric now is NOT ‘how many different products are produced......’.

The ‘metric’ is, do we trust these guys making something worthy and relevant now, in 2019 and in the future?

Some do, others don’t.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
251 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

No, the metric now is NOT ‘how many different products are produced......’.

The ‘metric’ is, do we trust these guys making something worthy and relevant now, in 2019 and in the future?

Some do, others don’t.

MM

No, the ONLY metrics (look up the definition) that matter are whether you can a: make money for your stakeholders, and b: get people to like your stock enough to make the price go up, and c: survive. 

Words don't matter, only actions and results. What sparkles, sells. If adding a few drops of color to the pot sells more headphones or speakers with only advertising cost, we all win.

If the Color Team fly easyJet and stay in hostels, even better.   

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,225 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sat, Feb 2 2019 1:48 PM
poodleboy:

No, the ONLY metrics (look up the definition) that matter are whether you can a: make money for your stakeholders, and b: get people to like your stock enough to make the price go up, and c: survive.

Words don't matter, only actions and results. What sparkles, sells. If adding a few drops of color to the pot sells more headphones or speakers with only advertising cost, we all win.

Well said.
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,830 Posts
Bronze Member

poodleboy:

The Color Team is a group of talented design professionals, in a new well-budgeted team, which will source only the crème de la crème of color recognition and deployment experts. Stay in a hostel?

If they flew Easyjet they'd be overwhelmed with orange, which would cause a sensual overload. And no-one wants that.

Page 5 of 6 (83 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL