Beoplayer - available for PC ?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

kmspurway
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member
kmspurway posted on Fri, Jan 11 2019 4:45 PM

Hi there - is the Beoplayer software available for using as a controller for digital music stored on my PC at all - I seem to not be able to get it from the B&O site without an error message about not being registered.

I don't have a PC2 or Beomedia 1 etc - I do have a home system though - just wanted to add B&O aesthetics to my PC

thanks

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,070 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Jan 11 2019 5:52 PM
I would be surprised if it still works under any of the current versions of windows.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,322 Posts
Silver Member

I remember the BeoPlayer being slow and cumbersome. While it gave you that B&O "look" with the font, it wasn't nearly as practical as iTunes.

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
3,191 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Jan 11 2019 6:52 PM

beojeff:

I remember the BeoPlayer being slow and cumbersome. While it gave you that B&O "look" with the font, it wasn't nearly as practical as iTunes.

Same here, loved the look and interface, but like most Beosoftware it had issues. Of course, since that time iTunes has deteriorated to the point of being almost unusable as well. I used to like iTunes,but the since the the version that dropped cover flow it’s been getting worse and worse. 

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,143 Posts
Bronze Member

It's more like Better The Devil You Don't.

I remember installing it on one of my older PCs for the exact reasons you detail in your post. I had it installed for about a week or two at that.

It was smart in that it auto hid on the left side of the screen but it wasn't too bad to use, but navigating it was a bit tricky

HomeMedia function on a BV is better and easier to navigate

There are better options and not sure if it will work on any current versions of Windows, and i daresay that even if you installed it, you'd uninstall it quick enough.

It's like when you go back to watch those childhood movies you loved so much like BMX Bandits, you regret it haha 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL