Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound 9000 doesnt start active speakers.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Bebopp
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
Bebopp posted on Wed, Jan 9 2019 1:51 PM

Hi everyone.

I have a Beosound 9000 that I've used Beolab 8000 for a long time. I recently got a pair of active Penta's (MK1).

I connected the new Penta speakers and everything was fine, I then disconnected everything and hid the cables. Now that I start the Beosound 9000, the Penta's doesnt turn on.... I tried with the Beolab 8000 again and same there. I tried switching the cable, same. I set the A.Option to 1, nothing. The pentas has III on the first, bass just I and tried switching arround L R between the pair.

I tried both the Beolab 8000 and the Pentas on a regular 2500 system and they work.

I would understand if the beosound 9000 had an amplifier that it could have broken down. But from working to just unplug and put it back together that it just stopped working.

Is there anything im missing? I mean it would be strange since it worked before...

All Replies

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,417 Posts
Bronze Member

I first guessed with no Speakers attached it went into Option 0 - no ir commands - but you wrote you changed it.... please double check.

Radio and CD start using a remote?

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Bebopp
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

When I changed into Option "1", this is done while its turned off but power connected? cause it states it has to be in "standby".

Anyhow, when I changed to 1, the red dot blinks atleast... im using a Beo4 remote by the way.

Tried starting both radio and CD using both the remote and directly on the Beosound built in.

Max

Tayne
Not Ranked
31 Posts
Bronze Member
Tayne replied on Wed, Jan 9 2019 3:02 PM

Are you using Full Spec PL Cables?

Bebopp
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

They are not full spec, the ones I also tried with are full spec thought. but when I tried before installing them properly they worked with half spec.

f5434964
Top 500 Contributor
Austria
186 Posts
Bronze Member

Just an idea: as you wrote that everything worked fine but after hiding the cables troubles started maybe something Broke; did you have to pull hard to get the cables round a corner?
but it also sound funny that both cables went wrong...

best regards Elmar 

Bebopp
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Yeah, that was my first thought and thats why I tried with both the Pentas and the 8000 with a full PL cable that hadnt been smudged or crushed while hiding the cables. They didnt work with the Beosound 9000 but worked with the 2500 headunit, and thats why I think the 9000 is faulty somehow, but is it possible for a "corrupt" cable to damage the Beosound 9000 output? I mean if its a amplifier and the cable is faulty I would understand if it broke due to "high voltage"

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,571 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Bebopp,

If you are using the 9000 with mk.1 Pentas that don't have Powerlink inputs then the 9000 won't recognise that it has speakers connected.  You can check this by lifting the cover panel and the 9000 should still work from the buttons on the keypad, but it won't work from the remote control.

To resolve this, you just need a Speaker Sense Adapter for the Beosound (this plugs into either Powerlink socket on the Beosound 9000 to allow it to accept commands from the B&O remote control without having B&O speakers connected):-

https://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/beosound-9000-speaker-sense-adapter-gives-remote-control-functions-when-no-speakers-are-connected

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Bebopp
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey,

Maybe its mk2? Cause they have Powerlink 1 & 2 at the bottom. And they are currently connected with regular PL, but also tried with full PL. Also it worked when I just switched from the Beolab 8000 to the Pentas before putting them in place and hide the new powercable.

"You can check this by lifting the cover panel and the 9000 should still work from the buttons on the keypad, but it won't work from the remote control."

I dont really understand what you mean, what am I checking for? do you mean I should do all the commands from the built-in keypad instead of on the Beo4 remote?

//Max

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,571 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Max,

Yes, please can you lift the cover and press CD or RADIO to see if the 9000 works from a command on the keypad instead of the remote?

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Bebopp
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Hey,

I tried with both radio and CD on the built-in keypad, also tried muting and changing the volume back and forth cause someone suggested that on an old post here.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL