rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

PeterC
Not Ranked
Bristol, UK
24 Posts
Bronze Member
PeterC posted on Tue, Jan 8 2019 1:22 PM

Hi - I have a Beovision 10 -55 (which is not generally listed, so I am guessing it's a precursor of the 11 - 55) and after enjoying it for sometime, it made a little phutt noise last night and now I've lost the screen and the sound. The set is still 'live' - the green and red indicators still work - but nothing else.

I fear I am going to have to buy a new one unless anyone can suggest that it is economic to fix? If not, then I'd rather this goes to a good home for any spares that can be recovered, rather than be collected on the delivery of the new set and 'responsibly disposed of'. So if you live in Bristol and would like it (and have the means to transport it) let me know!

All Replies

trackbeo
Top 500 Contributor
226 Posts
Bronze Member

Someone on this board posted photos of the *amazing* job they did cutting down & re-fitting the surround frame to make "just" a center-channel speaker, and some other item (full-size, maybe a mirror)?  But I cannot find it now.  Anybody else know how to find this post?

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,164 Posts
Founder

Based on your description of the fault, it sounds like a power supply issue.

The standby power supply is separate to the main supply, hence why the green and red indicators still work.

I don't think it needs to be the end of your TV depending on where you live in terms of B&O repair centres or dealerships who do repairs.

Is your Beovision 10 connected to any Masterlink products?

Did you buy the Beovision 10-55 new or is it pre-owned?

Regards Keith....

PeterC
Not Ranked
Bristol, UK
24 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Keith 

Thanks for that quick response - it is preowned: it's origins were, I understand, a first production model (I'm presuming of the Beovision 11) that was given to the company I work for for testing. That was a number of years ago and when we moved offices all the 'old tvs' were going to be left behind but I couldn't bear to see this one abandoned so acquired it (quite legitimately!). 

Despite my numerous other B&O kit, nothing is connected to it via Masterlink (I do use an old-but-functioning Beovision AVANT 32 RFT to support the Beovision 10, as I never acquired the floor stand!) 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,059 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Jan 8 2019 2:22 PM

If I remember correctly, can't a faulty panel with all the wrong resistances trigger a 'cut out' from the power supply?  I've had this before a couple of times but I can't remember on which TV's...

If you don't get it fixed, let me know. I've got time on my hands and fancy a little 'project' !!  I'd like to see if I could shoe-horn another panel in there.

Cheers

Lee

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,347 Posts
Bronze Member

I'm not sure how economical it would be to fix. 

There are a lot of BV-10 I have seen on ebay you could potential investigate as options (opportunity cost) 

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,347 Posts
Bronze Member

I'm not sure how economical it would be to fix. 

There are a lot of BV-10 I have seen on ebay you could potential investigate as options (opportunity cost) 

PeterC
Not Ranked
Bristol, UK
24 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Michael. With my limited electrical skills I'm afraid I'm packing up the BV 10 to send it on it's way to a good home where it might blossom again in the right hands Wink

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL