Beolink 7000 back light and recapping.

Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 59 Replies | 17 Followers

BO
Top 150 Contributor
Halmstad, Sweden
728 Posts
Bronze Member
BO posted on Thu, Nov 22 2012 9:05 PM

I received a package with some components from Conrad.

My Beolink 7000 with very weak back-light.

Assistant

1. Remove the two screws

2. Remove the cap.

3. Remove the last two screws.

4. Remove glass panel, don´t touch the inside. Be aware that the small four corner nuts don´t fall out.

5. Test the voltage. Should be around 130V

6. Disconnect display pcb from the other units. Be gentle with the ribbon cables. 

New electrolumiscent film.

Testing

7. Slide fixing rails to the left and remove them to release the LCD front frame. 

8. Remove front frame

9. Unsolder old film.

10. Unfold LCD display. Try not to touch the surfaces, especially the inside. Be very careful with the "rubber" profiles still on the glass. Those are the actual leads from the PCB to the LCD, if the will be miss positioned or contaminated with dirt dust or grease you will get an improper or faulty readout from the display.

11. Remove the luminescent foil. It's attache with two stripes of double sided tape on the backside.

Old and new.

12. Mark the size. Assure that you get the lead in the same position.

13. Cut it to correct size.

Ready for assembling.

14. Mount the new foil in position with two stripes of double sided tape on the back side. put the leads through the holes in the PBB.

15. Solder and reassemble in opposite order as the disassembling.

16. Testing....I do believe it's working...good...

17. Adjust the LCD contrast.

Potentiometer for contrast adjustment of the LCD.

18. And now the recapping, unsolder and remove tin housing. The five now visible capacitors should be replaces. The two violet ones to the left, the two smd´s in the middle and the green one to the right. This has been described in other threads  so I won't go deep into it.

19 Prepare the new components.

20. Soldered in place.

21. All components changed. Be careful with the small smd´s, the can be tricky to solder due to its small size. I also changed all other electrolytic capacitors. Not necessary now but just precaution.

22. Reassembled and working perfect again.Smile

//Bo.
A long list...

All Replies

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,193 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Jun 14 2017 6:47 AM

jamesbong:

Weebyx:

jamesbong:

So I currently own a BeoLink 7000 and I am having a problem on Step 5.

When I  test it to see it's voltage, nothing happens. [Image in the link below]

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwCA79DC4kKvMEtjbzl1aS1vcmc

I noticed that you ordered some parts from Conrad, but they don't ship to America so I am stuck with nothing to do.

Can you suggest an alternative location I can order the capacitors from?

I have also tested my electrolumiscent film and it is working fine.

The same wires that are connected in Step 5 seem to have a short circuit, but the wires are not tangled up. [Image in the link below]

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwCA79DC4kKvYjNNbE5JSnNZUHc

I was wondering what could be the problem for that and if there was a solution for it.

Are you measuring alternating voltage at the backlight ? The voltage for backlight is approx. 110-130v AC, not DC.

Did the backlight work before you disassembled it, or was it completely dead ? I had one with a faulty SMD transistor that caused the backlight to not turn on. Also make sure that the flat cable on the back of the mirror cable, is attached correctly in the holder. Try to unlock it, and take it out and put it back in. This can also cause backlight to not turn on.

Regarding the "short circuit" this is not a short, it is just that you are measuring the connection between the AC transformer that provides the 110v AC.

/Jacob

Thank you for the quick response Jacob.

I am in need of this device working so hopefully you will be able to help me with fixing my problem.

I have measured the backliight with both AC and DC and neither have seemed to work out.

The backlight did not work on the device previously, but when I plug it into a 110v AC directly, I can see the backlight working.

I'm not sure what a "SMD transistor" so, it is possible you can specify what part of the device that is, and explain what it does?

I have dismantled every cable on my BeoLink 7000 and have plugged them back in, so I do not believe that this was the problem.

Thank you for clarifying that it was not a short circuit.

I had plugged in the 6v battery into the transformer and there seemed to be no reaction when I tested it.

I figured that either the transformer or the capacitors on the device are not functioning properly, is there any insight you can give me to this problem?

Is there a way to test if the transformer [in the picture below] is functioning properly?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwCA79DC4kKvZnY4QXRoRlVTdHhGY0tBMDlUdEpYSzJEVkpJ

Also, is it possible that you are able to give me the specifications of the transformer?

There seems to be no writings on the device itself to tell me what kind of transformer it is.

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this.

\James

Hi james..

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/11818/103230.aspx#103230

Here is some information on the transistor and capacitor I have changed in mine where the backlight was completely dead.

You can see in the schematic that the TR37(transistor) is a BC817-25v and the C15(Cap) is a 10nF, I used 50v for that 

I don't think the issue is the transformer, as it seems you have the exact same problem as mine.

/Jacob

BeoMedia
Top 500 Contributor
83 Posts
Bronze Member
Hello, I’m looking for a better version of the BeoLink 7000 Service manual as the one I have as pdf is almost unreadable. Can anyone please help? Many thanks
Silou
Top 200 Contributor
Switzerland
453 Posts
Bronze Member
Silou replied on Sat, Jan 20 2018 10:32 PM

Me too Cool

Thanks

BeoMedia
Top 500 Contributor
83 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello Bo and thank you for your shopping list.

However, I notice that beyopdn the LCD backlight film you have placed an order for 8 capacitators but I understand the BeoLink 7000 recapping only needs 5? (2 being SMD).

I haven't opened mine yet so not sure which I need for recapping to resolve the "no contact" issue.

Could you please help me as to which from the shoppign list I need. Perhaps all of them but where do the remaining 3 capacitators go?

Kind regards, BeoMedia

toptip
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Bronze Member
toptip replied on Wed, Mar 20 2019 4:13 PM

Hi,

I have two of these and opened one a year ago to replace the backlight, it has since been sitting like that but given this very helpful write-up, I will give it a go. 

My real question when I opened it had to do with this connection. Reading the above, I understand the lining up of the pins part, of course, but I am still a bit confused about how one can assure so many pins will ALL make contact! Is there any trick to it? It just seems to me that it would be very fortunate indeed if they did. I keep thinking whether I can use another method, like soldering thin wires, but appears a bit implausible.

I will appreciate.

Kasse
Not Ranked
Denmark
55 Posts
Bronze Member
Kasse replied on Sat, Feb 29 2020 3:27 PM

A rather old, but yet very useful thread! However, the links for Conrad doesn´t work anymore and searching for the components brings up to many choices. Can someone with more knowledge than me put a "shopping list" together at Conrad for re-capping a Beolink 7000?

BeoPlay A9 Mk. II "Special Edition" - "Smoked Oak" 

Beosound Stage "Contrast Collection" - Anthracite

Beoplay M5 - Black

Beomaster 7000 + Beocord 7000 + Beogram 7000 MMC1/2 + Beogram CD7000 + Beolink 7000 + Beolab 8000

Beocenter 9500 + Beolink 1000

AUX Expander "Custom Mod" (built-in Bluetooth streaming)

Kasse
Not Ranked
Denmark
55 Posts
Bronze Member
Kasse replied on Sat, Feb 29 2020 10:33 PM

Never mind; I did find the correct parts at Conrad. When (at Conrad) going to the shopping basket, the partnumbers listed on page one can be entered and added directly; that worked.

BeoPlay A9 Mk. II "Special Edition" - "Smoked Oak" 

Beosound Stage "Contrast Collection" - Anthracite

Beoplay M5 - Black

Beomaster 7000 + Beocord 7000 + Beogram 7000 MMC1/2 + Beogram CD7000 + Beolink 7000 + Beolab 8000

Beocenter 9500 + Beolink 1000

AUX Expander "Custom Mod" (built-in Bluetooth streaming)

John
Not Ranked
Chicago, IL
5 Posts
Bronze Member
John replied on Mon, Jun 15 2020 3:11 AM

Did you have any luck finding the backlight film?  Conrad Desoto ship to the US and the parts listed previously are all sold out.  Does anyone have any good sources?  I have a shop down the street that can do it I just have to tell them where we can get the parts.  

BeoMedia
Top 500 Contributor
83 Posts
Bronze Member

I just had a look on Conrad and if I’m looking at the right part (article number 1565919) it says it will be back in stock 17th June. 
BeoMedia 

BeoMedia
Top 500 Contributor
83 Posts
Bronze Member

I just had a look on Conrad and if I’m looking at the right part (article number 1565919) it says it will be back in stock 17th June. 
BeoMedia 

BeoMedia
Top 500 Contributor
83 Posts
Bronze Member

BeoMedia 

John
Not Ranked
Chicago, IL
5 Posts
Bronze Member
John replied on Sun, Jun 21 2020 1:46 AM

Thanks for that number.  But it looks that like is for a blue backlight and not the white one.  Unless it is supposed to be the blue one.  I saw in the original post from this thread it was white.  Do you think they would perform the same?  If so I am going to jump on it and grab it as it is now back in stock.   Thanks again for your help!

hfinette
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Bronze Member

you can choose blue green or white  on the site. This is for white https://www.conrad.de/de/p/tru-components-leuchtfolie-weiss-l-x-b-x-h-138-x-34-x-0-5-1571787.html

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,193 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Mon, Jun 22 2020 6:41 AM

John:

Thanks for that number.  But it looks that like is for a blue backlight and not the white one.  Unless it is supposed to be the blue one.  I saw in the original post from this thread it was white.  Do you think they would perform the same?  If so I am going to jump on it and grab it as it is now back in stock.   Thanks again for your help!

Dont use a blue backlight, this will make the text almost invisible, since the LCD itself is blue. You need a white one, but the last white I bought at Conrad, was actually more blue than white, and made text hard to read.

/Jacob

Filip
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, *Denmark
60 Posts
Bronze Member
Filip replied on Sun, Jul 12 2020 2:57 PM

I recently bought a Beogram 7000 but the seller also asked me if I was interested in a Beolink 7000. Sure - I was. However, it only worked when on the charger and there was the 'no contact' message in the display. I made an offer and the seller sold it to me for 25 GBP. Visually, the Beolink is near mint.

Inspired by this thread, I took the Beolink apart and ordered the caps. I also took a look at the rechargeable battery pack - horrible. It appears to have leaked - but luckily no damage seems to have been done. I have ordered a new battery from Vienna, so looking forward to that. In the meantime, here is a pic of the old battery pack:

Page 3 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL