Really basic "line in" speaker setup?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Calvin
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member
Calvin posted on Sat, Jan 5 2019 11:19 PM

I have a turntable with a built in preamp option so I can plug it directly into anything as you would an iPod without needing a pre-amp. I wanted to move it down to my basement as part of getting a fancier setup for the living room but wondered what the most basic setup I could use is?

I thought I could just plug it straight into a speaker like the A9 or something but a friend says that the volume is reliant upon the source, even if it's active speakers. Do any of the B&O speaker range (old or new) control the volume at the speaker end of the system? I know I could just get a separate amp and speakers but I really wanted something super simple like a a cable running to a speaker setup on the wall, not a system with loads of buttons and inputs that will likely never get used. The BeoLab 5000s look fantastic for hooking up on the wall actually, is it possible to add some kind of volume knob to the line out cable?

All Replies

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
136 Posts
Silver Member
Dante replied on Sun, Jan 6 2019 1:42 AM

Beolab 5 solves your problem

Or a volume attenuator like this one:

http://www.volutone.com/CALRAD-10-105-STEREO-INLINE-LINE-LEVEL-AUDIO-ATTENUATOR-P8778.aspx

Calvin
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok, so an 'inline audio attenuator' is the proper name of the volume control for controlling/limiting the level being fed to any active speakers. Fantastic! I'll order one tomorrow and look at picking up some decent speakers.

Calvin
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok, so an 'inline audio attenuator' is the proper name of the volume control for controlling/limiting the level being fed to any active speakers. Fantastic! I'll order one tomorrow and look at picking up some decent speakers.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL