Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Is stereo still a thing? aka. Is one BEOPLAY A9 MKII enough?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 45 Replies | 3 Followers

BlindZenDriver
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
BlindZenDriver posted on Fri, Jan 4 2019 11:22 PM

So in my living room I have a nice classic stereo setup as in Squeezebox, D/A converter, high end amp and two big passive speakers (sorry, not B&O) and I am considering a music solution for the bed room. As I try to keep things as simple as possible for the bed room I am considering a BEOPLAY A9 MKII, however I wonder about stereo with such a setup - is there such a thing as to simple a setup?

The question is really both a BEOPLAY A9 MKII question, but also a general one when looking at all the active one speaker setups that are being bought these days. It sort of has me wondering - all the work I did with how my speakers was placed in my living room with my, now old school, setup is that just not needed anymore? Or is it that the convenience of just the one speaker has won over the loss in audio quality? Or is the truth somewhere in between?

Bottom line. Being used to listening to a good classic stereo setup will the A9 work for me, or am I serviced just as well by just cranking up the volume in the living room when locating my self in the bed room?

Also. A bit off topic for this thread, but I plan to have my Logitech Music Server act as a DLNA server to feed the A9. If there is good or bad things about this do say so.

All Replies

toptip
Not Ranked
32 Posts
Bronze Member

So I bought a used A9. Before I buy a second one I will try it for some period of time as is. The other thing I thought is mounting it at a 90 degree angle to see how it works in "mono" that way, kin of in a psuedo "d'Appolito" arrangement:

Page 4 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL