Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 25 Replies | 3 Followers

David Coyne
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
302 Posts
Bronze Member
David Coyne posted on Sat, Dec 15 2018 4:22 AM

Hello

For over two years now I'm been plagued by software problems with my various bang and olufsen products, including the beosound 5, moment , beoplay 1. This necessitated various correspondence with Denmark. After multiple requests a teleconference with Denmark was set up and my moment worked for about 6 weeks without any issues. Short version, stopped working properly and I took the product back for a refund.

My latest issue is with my Avant 55 Mk 1 (which is still less than three years old and under warranty). My Avant is integrated with a CORE using the B&O app to access NAS, TuneIn and Deezer.

The issues now are:

1. Music will not play via Avant and connected speakers for more than an hour without switching off (we've checked timers and its nothing to do with that).

2. If the avant/ core is joined with other multi room products music starts to cut in and out and is not useable.

Technicians have visited a couple of times and suspected a software platform fault. They have spent hours and hours testing all equipment.

I've emailed Denmark about this several times, I've not received any response at all. Just silence.

The technicians participated in a teleconference with Singapore team to discuss. Singapore confirm it is a software platform issue that is incompatible with other products.They don't know if an update will be coming for the Avant Mk1 (even though my TV is only 2.5 years old and bought new from the show room).

A work around is to connect my beolabs directly to the core, though this will mean i can no longer have my speakers work with the TV.

Im tempted to try and return the TV and the electronic wall bracket and ask for a refund.  Interestingly just called the only Showroom left in the country who suggested that if I can watch tv then there's no issue and there are possibly no grounds to suggest  refund!

Any suggestions? I've run out of patience with the ongoing software issues. 

David

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

All Replies

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,144 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi David.

I feel your pain. Have been there. My Avant gen 1 is just now 4 years old today and it failed with 1080p vision.

Service says that the part should arrive shortly but it’s at my cost (not warranty).

Is the core directly plugged in to the Avant or is it wireless ?

If wireless what are your settings for delay ?

Your Avant does have all the stations from tune in on net radio and it has deezer. Deezer on my Avant in Melb does not work (not sure if yours does there). It also has access to your NAS on home media.

What I’m getting at is can you live without the core ? I am not saying you should - just wondering.

Your Avant should be able to join muktiroom instead of the core on the app and or remote probably without the core.

I have an essence integrated with the BV14 only cos I didn’t have a need for it and definitely see why you have integrated the core with your Avant. I mean deezer is probably way quicker and it probably works and you could use two way control of you had a BeoRemote One BT edition.

I’ll take another good read of your post a bit later and see if something else comes up in my brain.

Do you have the BeoTool app ? Is the core showing as “integrated”

Cheers from wet Melbourne

M

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,411 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Dec 16 2018 5:24 PM
I recently purchased a Core. Also have an Essence MK2 and a V1. I also experienced the cutting out of sound when joking the V1 yo the group. Today I played around with the settings on the V1. The three products are in three different rooms. I went in to the “link” settings of the V1 and linked it to the Essence and the Core. Also selected not in the same room in the V1 settings. It seems to have solved the problem and all seems to be working now.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
482 Posts
Bronze Member
I believe there is a software issue post Apple Airplay 2 update and a new version is coming soon.
vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
397 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw:

I recently purchased a Core. Also have an Essence MK2 and a V1. I also experienced the cutting out of sound when joking the V1 yo the group. Today I played around with the settings on the V1. The three products are in three different rooms. I went in to the “link” settings of the V1 and linked it to the Essence and the Core. Also selected not in the same room in the V1 settings. It seems to have solved the problem and all seems to be working now.

I experience the same as wellUnsure
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,411 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Dec 16 2018 7:32 PM

vlohjr1:
Razlaw:

I recently purchased a Core. Also have an Essence MK2 and a V1. I also experienced the cutting out of sound when joining the V1 to the group. Today I played around with the settings on the V1. The three products are in three different rooms. I went in to the “link” settings of the V1 and linked it to the Essence and the Core. Also selected not in the same room in the V1 settings. It seems to have solved the problem and all seems to be working now.

I experience the same as wellUnsure

Since changing the settings in the V1, all three systems have been playing for a couple of hours with no problems.  Have also tried turning on and off repeatedly. At least in my system, it seems that I may have solved the problem.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,447 Posts
Bronze Member

w5bno123:
I believe there is a software issue post Apple Airplay 2 update and a new version is coming soon.

Can you confirm this?

I haven’t updated my Essence (yet) - I won’t need AirPlay 2 there anyway.

But I occasionally do need to redirect something airplayed to my tv’s (the NL function).

This works very well - in fact all works well.

P.S. My Essence is connected to my two tv’s....not integrated with.

So - if there really should be a problem there (with the latest update), I guess I’ll wait a while with updating (or don’t do it at all).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mikewalsh
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

I have the same issue as you David, the Airplay 2 update has broken the multiroom functionality with the Avant Series 1. I have a Moment integrated with the Avant, but even when I take this out, the TV also can't connect to the multiroom stream without cutting out. For some reason, if you initiate the stream from the TV, rather than another room - it seems to work.

Let's just hope that Denmark choose to update the software, but given that the last update was in mid 2017, I'm now a bit worried about the longevity of the Avant platform. 

Dion
Not Ranked
Perth, Australia
17 Posts
Bronze Member
Dion replied on Mon, Dec 17 2018 3:59 AM

Hi everyone,

I can also confirm, post AirPlay2 update of my A9, A6, and M5 I have the same issues.

If I play something using the B&O app to either the A9, A6, M5 and then join in with the Avant gen1 the sound cuts in and out. If I am playing something on the Avant (TV, HomeMedia...) I can join in the other items with no issue.

I also have a BeoSystem4 connected to a projector and it behaves the same as the Avant, in other words, it affects all BeoSystem4 platforms.

Not great timing for the Christmas holiday and party season!!! Here's hoping for a quick resolution to this one...

BeoVision Avant55 Mk1; Theatre with BeoSystem4; BeoPlay A9; BeoPlay A6; BeoPlay M5; BeoPlay H3 ANC

..and it all started 15 years ago with a pair of B&O A8 Earphones...

Top 500 Contributor
111 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Mon, Dec 17 2018 7:00 AM

Same here with my V1. After maybe 20 minutes or so the trouble starts. Have contacted BeoSupport which recommended cutting the V1 off power for a night. Didn't help.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,447 Posts
Bronze Member

It seems that they have to do some overtime work correcting this sw in the next few days - glad I did not update my Essence yet 😉

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Dion
Not Ranked
Perth, Australia
17 Posts
Bronze Member
Dion replied on Sat, Dec 29 2018 2:50 AM

Just an update for everyone...this is still not fixed so I have been in contact with beoplay/beocare. Unhelpful as always, refusing to acknowledge that it is an issue with the lastest software and telling me it is a BeoSystem problem. As a last resort I asked if I could have the software in my A9 A6, M5 rolled back for the Christmas break but they said this was not possible...so annoyed!!!

BeoVision Avant55 Mk1; Theatre with BeoSystem4; BeoPlay A9; BeoPlay A6; BeoPlay M5; BeoPlay H3 ANC

..and it all started 15 years ago with a pair of B&O A8 Earphones...

Yendys
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney
302 Posts
Founder
Yendys replied on Sat, Dec 29 2018 8:28 AM
This is very very poor I feel for ever one affected by the recent update and the responses you have received. Sad

As I’ve read so so many software related issues I have decided that when my BV10 and 8 fail they will not be replaced by a B&O TV after over 25 years of BV ownership.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
482 Posts
Bronze Member
There is a service solution for audio systems available now, request it via your dealer. Expect the general release to rollout first few weeks of January.
David Coyne
Top 200 Contributor
Sydney, NSW, Australia
302 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Yendys

At least you received a reply, some two months on after sending an email to BeoCare, positing on their facebook page and sending a message via messenger, I've received no reply at all.

What used to be a premium brand now rather behaves like a secretive government agency providing no responses and admitting no liability. If you don't respond the problem doesn't exist.

As more time goes by I become more and more infuriated with the lack of care and responsibility. 

I know there are software problems, they just have to say so! Clearly the strategy of bringing software back in house has had limited success. Clearly the multi room functionality seems to only work now if you have a couple of products all of the same generation. If you start combining more than a couple of products the system and software seems unable to manage. The whole point of staying with the brand was seamless integration, not weekends of endless resetting of products, deleting of products, developing 'work arounds' , all to be able to listen to an album!!

I've recently given away my Beosound 5 with a 1TB and CD ripper because it was unsellable. I took my Moment back due to software problems, now the TV that is still under warranty isn't working properly. AS the TV still functions as a 'TV' though there is 'no problem' as far as B&O are concerned. If I had a more up to date TV they say it would be all ok! Seriously I'm going to spend 15k on a TV when my old one is still under warranty?!

Happy New Year!

David

Beovision 8-40, Beocentre 6-26, Beocentre 2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beo 5, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400, Beocom 6's, Beotalk 1200

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL