rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 27 Replies | 4 Followers

DinoD
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
DinoD posted on Fri, Dec 14 2018 3:40 AM

Hey guys,

just received a BL3500, but there seams to be a strange problem, speakers has clicking/ticking sounds. 

any help would be greatly appreciated.

All Replies

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,849 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

Glad to hear that the right cable resolved the issue!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

BeoMedia
Not Ranked
69 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello, I too have a BeoLab 3500 which I would like to put to use as a center speaker to my Samsung (while being connected to a ML system).

I have activated the MCL by pressing: MENU 04 GO.

Questions:

a) My BeoLab 3500 turns itself off (leaves the service mode) every time I press ANY button on the Beo4. For instance if I press VOLUME UP it turns off (or any other command). Would any of you have a solution for this challenge? This is a problem for me as it prevents me from using the BeoLab 3500 as a center speaker as it will turn off all the time. A little background, my intention is to use Beo4 with the Samsung TV with the assistance of my Lintronic however this will not work as the BeoLab 3500 will turn off everytime I do anything with then Beo4.

b) I admit it looks like a nice feature to be using the MCL port to connect any product but I would personally think that the ML port should be much better. MCL is for an amplified speaker signal whereas ML is for a line signal. So, if you had a cable for the ML port instead the sound will likely be better and easier to manage the volume as it is a line signal (which you get from an iPhone and similar). The ML port can be opened by pressing MENU 03 GO.

PS to Steve, if you can make cables for the ML connection I suspect you can sell more as this will then also work with the BeoLab 2000. :-)

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
1,849 Posts
Gold Member

Hi BeoMedia,

Yes, the speaker will leave MCL mode if any button is pressed on the remote. Please set the speaker into MCL mode (test mode 4) and then put away the B&O remote control-the sound will then be controlled by the music source (eg. iPod, phone, etc).

I do make a headphone to Masterlink input cable but this only works with Beolab 2000, not Beolab 3500.  This is because test mode 9 (Interactive Test Mode) is needed to use the Masterlink input without a B&O master product connected, this feature is only available on Beolab 2000.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

BeoMedia
Not Ranked
69 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Steve,

This will not work for me I'm afraid as it is attractive for me to be able to use my Beo4 for the Samsung TV (which prevents me from using the beoLab 3500 the way you describe).

I hadn't realised that you had a BeoLab 2000 (ML to 3.5mm jack) cable, cool, I will check this out a little later when I get to my BeoLab 2000.

If I go down the BeoLab 3500 route I will try to use test mode 3 rather than 4 as this will allow me to work with a line signal rather than a live speaker level.

Kind regards BeoMedia

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,975 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Wed, Jan 1 2020 7:31 PM

Would it be possible to use your Lintronic to solve the problem?

Perhaps mask the IR input of the BL3500 whilst placing an external IR eye (connected to the Lintronic's IR output) under the masking.  Then perhaps you could simply set up the Lintronic to send the 'MENU 4 GO' command to the BL3500 via the external IR eye, and then no further commands until you wished to turn it off.

It's just a thought - I don't have a Lintronic and only have a limited understanding of its capabilities!  

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
1,849 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

Just a quick update with an apology - the iPod (minijack) to Beolab 2000 cable mentioned previously is unfortunately no longer available.  I do still have the minijack to Beolab 3500 cables though.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

PH
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member
PH replied on Sun, Aug 2 2020 1:21 PM

What cable do you bought. I have 3 pcs. Beolab 3500, all of then ticking an d humming noise in MCL mode, also without any cable connected. Thanks Per

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
1,849 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Per,

If the speaker tick without any cable connected then you appear to have a speaker issue, this won't be caused by the cable......

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

BeoMedia
Not Ranked
69 Posts
Bronze Member

From vague memory I also think that my BeoLab 3500 made humming and tick noises in MCL mode while not being connected to anything. I think this is normal. The cable solution did not solve what I was trying to achieve so I opted for a different setup when using it as center speaker and connected to the B&O link system at the same time. 

BeoMedia
Not Ranked
69 Posts
Bronze Member

From vague memory I also think that my BeoLab 3500 made humming and tick noises in MCL mode while not being connected to anything. I think this is normal. The cable solution did not solve what I was trying to achieve so I opted for a different setup when using it as center speaker and connected to the B&O link system at the same time. 

BeoMedia
Not Ranked
69 Posts
Bronze Member

BeoMedia
Not Ranked
69 Posts
Bronze Member

BeoMedia
Not Ranked
69 Posts
Bronze Member

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL