Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

The LG 2019 OLED gets WiSA-based wireless Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 496 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,423 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

chucky
Top 500 Contributor
245 Posts
Gold Member
chucky replied on Tue, Dec 25 2018 2:58 PM
I am really waiting for CES 2019, after that I will take the plunge. Never thought the day would come without a Beovision. It will be a hassle but with RS232 onboard a lintronic decoder and a new atmos receiver and a few days fiddeling Wink

I want a full setup and integrate 4x beolab 9 and 2 beolab 3 and a beolab 7 center as I have now.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,707 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

Mikipidia:
Would that be needed though if next years lg tv can already process dolby atmos internally ?
Then you just need to relay the signal to the right speaker via wires and bob’s your uncle

Millemissen

Are you satisfied with that answer. ?

No, not at all - it is not an answer. It is a thought, a wish, a suggestion at most.

However, you don’t really expect that a coming LG tv will get wired (PL) connections for external speakers.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,707 Posts
Bronze Member

By the way - you can already send the audio signal via HDMI/ARC in order to ‘relay the signal to the right speakers via wires’. You just need an A/V receiver!!!

However, what LG is aiming at with their WiSA Ready tv’s is to avoid the external device and the wires. 

MM

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,423 Posts
Bronze Member

Exactly MM Yes - thumbs up

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,423 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
Given the efford they have made and still make in order to make the BROne a remote control
for any modern BeoSound (including the M’s and A’s) and for all sorts of home controlling
(light, curtains etc) I see little evidence that they will drop a B&O remote in the product portefolio.

Peter Pan:
The main concern of Beo customers is not at being able to use a Bang & Olufsen remote control.
At the same time, a remote control instead of a TV will be within an affordable task for B&O.
A remote control that controls LG TV and older B&O products. So if the offer is there, the LG
remote control may smoke in the drawer, and B&O sells a remote control.

What do you think of that solution ?

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,239 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 10:24 AM

Why restrict it to just LG TV's?

When they stop making TV's, the logic for continuing to make a TV remote (or at least this one) will fall away.

Does anyone really think they'll be making PUC tables, lets say, 2 years after they exit the TV business?

Though I hope to be proved wrong.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,707 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

Why restrict it to just LG TV's?

No reason to imo!

I just did not mention that....because everyone here seems to think that an LG (OLED) tv is the only possibility for a future tv.

Personally I an only interested in the display - the smart functions I can get from an ATV.....and then there is my OPPO player.

Many decent ‘displays’ / good picture to choose from - when you look in the upper range.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,707 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

When they stop making TV's, the logic for continuing to make a TV remote (or at least this one) will fall away.

B&O does not make ‘tv remotes’ - they make Beo remotes.

They stopped making ‘tv remotes’ decades ago.

This was one of the last - from before the BeoLink 1000 came.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,239 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 10:55 AM

There are indeed many choices, and interesting that the more sensible reviewers out there stress this point.

Their annual awards generally separate into best TV for home theatre, for gaming, for bright lounges etc etc....i.e. there is no one TV that ticks all the boxes perfectly. 

The LG's do seem to be regarded as probably the best all rounder though, especially their upscaling isn't as deficient vs the Sony as it used to be.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,239 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 10:58 AM

Semantics - those who own a BR One but no BV will be in the extreme minority.

The sound centre type of product will come with something though, just don't know its form factor / scope.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,707 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

The sound centre type of product will come with something though, just don't know its form factor / scope.

The remotes from B&O change and have changed over time (there are 3 types of the BROne).

They might well surprice us with something new at one point.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,423 Posts
Bronze Member

Are there restrictions on the BROne display. Want B & O that we can create optional
option like ATV 4K and OPPO, etc. on the BROne display.- It is probably an option. ?

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,483 Posts
Bronze Member

LG/Meridian soundbars

Ban boring signatures!

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,239 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Dec 27 2018 2:05 PM

Yes, that kind of thing with NL would be about what we might hope for.

Wonder if B&O include Atmos - not convinced they will,  but let's see.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,707 Posts
Bronze Member

No cables......that must be WiSA 😉

MM

Page 9 of 34 (497 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL