Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

The LG 2019 OLED gets WiSA-based wireless Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 321 Replies | 1 Follower

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,325 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,184 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Dec 23 2018 12:33 PM

Indeed, though all this just reiterates the wish for many B&O clients to have a sound solution that (a) allows 3rd party screens, and (b) continues NL multi room.

Whether B&O fulfil that wish is another thing - they may (may I stress) take the view that multi-room can be handled by other protocols, be that Chromecast groups, Airplay 2, or other options. 

As a fan of NL, i use it to listen to TV audio in other rooms (where there is no screen). Yes I use NL to do multi room music, but other protocols can handle that.

So much as I'd like them to maintain NL that covers both use cases, I'm not 100% confident that it will be maintained.

But then again, I'm not 100% confident of anything these days. Multi-room may have been something B&O stood out for once upon a time, but others have moved into that space quite successfully, so in a world of narrowed focus, wouldn't surpass me if NL disappeared.

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,325 Posts
Bronze Member
chucky
Top 500 Contributor
240 Posts
Gold Member
chucky replied on Sun, Dec 23 2018 11:04 PM
I have been reading this Smile

I found this today, on STB brackets.

http://www.stbbrackets.co.uk/en-GB/gallery/LG-Signature-C8-77-large-screen/77c8#image-1

It”s an 77 inch LG with a new connection hub from B&O. It looks really an end of the full Beovision imho. This way with some tweaking (loose the hub) you can have your own 77 inch under 15K fully functioning with beoremote 1. Although I hate not fully integrated this setup is really clean and to say I do not have problems now with the ML/NL converter...

Suprisingly it seems B&O allows STB to produce this, they cannot make much profit on this. Confused

Moving on to an integrated smart home killed the doorbell.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,184 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Dec 24 2018 12:06 AM

new S8 connection hub?

might be missing something, but where's the reference to a new S8 hub?

Either way, it does seem as if the end of BV's is upon us, and all that that brings.

chucky
Top 500 Contributor
240 Posts
Gold Member
chucky replied on Mon, Dec 24 2018 5:58 AM
Sandyb:

new S8 connection hub?

might be missing something, but where's the reference to a new S8 hub?

Either way, it does seem as if the end of BV's is upon us, and all that that brings.

Mikipedi4 posted it:

the ''new'' version is now just the ''Connection Hub'', just an fyi

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Moving on to an integrated smart home killed the doorbell.

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,325 Posts
Bronze Member

chucky - Thanks for the information. Yes - thumbs up

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,325 Posts
Bronze Member

BEOPLAY S8 UPDATE:
NOW WORKS WITH ALMOST ALL TV’S AND DIGITAL MUSIC SOURCES

Click here.

I'm not quite sure if this is real. / Peter Pan.

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
563 Posts
Gold Member
Thanks ChuckyBig Smile

The “new” Connection Hub is also what John from B&O of Manchester uses to connect the lg c8 77” to their bl17’s in the showroom. Works well and should be upgradedable in the next itteration with an hdmi standard in the future and extra PL ports if B&O desires to go that route.

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,547 Posts
Bronze Member

The result: a tv with an external 2.0/2,1 speaker system....

.....where did the center speaker go 😲

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,547 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

BEOPLAY S8 UPDATE:
NOW WORKS WITH ALMOST ALL TV’S AND DIGITAL MUSIC SOURCES

Click here.

I'm not quite sure if this is real. / Peter Pan.

Could you please post a date for this update (there is none in the document) in order to see if that is a recent - or an old - update?

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,547 Posts
Bronze Member

Mikipidia:

....and should be upgradedable in the next itteration with an hdmi standard in the future and extra PL ports if B&O desires to go that route.

Your asumptions/thoughts, I suppose!

More (more than for a 2.0/2.1 setup) PL ports however, would require a multichannel/surround processor built in....

....which would make that a rather different - and new - device.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,325 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen asks questions. The Millemissen search it yourself. Idea

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,547 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

Millemissen asks questions. The Millennium seeks it yourself. Idea

What the h*ck does that mean?

MM

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
563 Posts
Gold Member
Millemissen:

Your asumptions/thoughts, I suppose!

More (more than for a 2.0/2.1 setup) PL ports however, would require a multichannel/surround processor built in....

....which would make that a rather different - and new - device.

MM

Would that be needed though if next years lg tv can already process dolby atmos internally? Then you just need to relay the signal to the right speaker via wires and bob’s your uncle

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Peter Pan
Top 75 Contributor
1,325 Posts
Bronze Member

Mikipidia:
Would that be needed though if next years lg tv can already process dolby atmos internally ?
Then you just need to relay the signal to the right speaker via wires and bob’s your uncle

Millemissen

Are you satisfied with that answer. ?

Page 8 of 22 (322 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL