Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 898 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,726 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,417 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Dec 20 2018 10:16 AM
Indeed, I've mentioned numerous times that some of the things we've been used to in the past ( BR, PUC etc) may now disappear from future products.

Hope I'm wrong, or that some way through can be found for some kind of BR to be used in a hybrid (3rd party TV / B&O speakers) setup. But I'd start thinking about a world where such a setup would involve something different from the existing BR1.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,726 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Sandyb

Answer tendons.

WiSA Home Audio Entertainment

Whether it’s a 2.1 starter system or a full 7.1 surround experience, WiSA-certified devices always
work in perfect harmony. Build, scale, mix, and match. With WiSA, the possibilities are endless.

http://www.wisaassociation.org/

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,417 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Dec 20 2018 2:04 PM

"always work"?

given most people's experience with wireless tech, i'd treat that with a bit of scepticism.....

all the same, more WISA options in general isn't a bad thing....so i welcome it.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,726 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,726 Posts
Bronze Member

Old to 'new' - Torsten Valeur B&O trying maybe to make a remote control for the new LG C9 WiSA television.Smile 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,208 Posts
Bronze Member

....and why should a 2019 LG tv need a new remote control just because it has support for WiSA as an option?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,726 Posts
Bronze Member

The main concern of Beo customers is not at being able to use a Bang & Olufsen remote control.
At the same time, a remote control instead of a TV will be within an affordable task for B&O. So if
the offer is there, the LG remote control may smoke in the drawer, and B&O sells a remote control.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,208 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry to say it - you are obviously not aware of what a BROne(bt) is capable of.

What is the use of a B&O remote control, when there is nothing B&O to control with that LG tv?

Or do you just want a B&O look-alike remote with your new LG tv 🙄

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,726 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen Don't think we can still have B&O products after purchase of a LG C9 WiSA TV.
Would you rather use 2 remote controls ?.  It's not an Ellipse talked about. Idea

It's over with Eclipse when the last The LG C7 panel is away from the warehouse.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,284 Posts
Bronze Member
I’m watching an Eclipse, which is essentially an LG tv, with a Bang and Olufsen speaker and processor, all controlled by the Beo one.

If it had neither the speaker unit, or the remote it would obviously revert to its LG state, and I’d have to buy, position, fix a sound bar(nasty)and then juggle with half a dozen controls.

I’m willing to give B&O the funds to placate the sound bar and remote control. The moment that goes.......

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/philips-55oled903

The competition is catching on and surely it can’t be long before they are knocking on B&Os USP, and then it just joins the mass market of being a speaker manufacturer. Nuts

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,284 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan:

Millemissen Don't think we can still have B&O products after purchase of a LG C9 WiSA TV. Would you rather use 2 remote controls ?. It's not an Ellipse talked about.

I like my Eclipse having WISA, but it wasn’t the primary reason.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,583 Posts
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Sun, Dec 23 2018 10:26 AM

Chris Townsend:
I’m watching an Eclipse, which is essentially an LG tv, with a Bang and Olufsen speaker and processor, all controlled by the Beo one.

If it had neither the speaker unit, or the remote it would obviously revert to its LG state, and I’d have to buy, position, fix a sound bar(nasty)and then juggle with half a dozen controls.

I’m willing to give B&O the funds to placate the sound bar and remote control. The moment that goes.......

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/philips-55oled903

The competition is catching on and surely it can’t be long before they are knocking on B&Os USP, and then it just joins the mass market of being a speaker manufacturer. Nuts

.... and it's only 2 grand!

Ban boring signatures!

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,284 Posts
Bronze Member
YesErm..

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,417 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Dec 23 2018 10:46 AM

The Philips OLED? 

Android OS and no Dolby Vision (nor any prospect of it)......

Hard pass, given the alternatives.

But the broader point is correct, TV brands partnering with Meridian, B&W etc does make more mainstream TV brands a bit more attractive to some.

Personally I don't love the aesthetics of TV and separate sound bar, but I guess I'm going to have to accept it when I next change things.

Which at this rate won't be for a few years yet.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,208 Posts
Bronze Member

Peter Pan:

Millemissen Don't think we can still have B&O products after purchase of a LG C9 WiSA TV. Would you rather use 2 remote controls ?. It's not an Ellipse talked about.

The LG 2019 tv is an LG tv no matters if it is WiSA Ready or not.

Personally I would not use WiSA for my speakers.anyway - the wires are already in place.....would you?

And why the h*ck should I stop having B&O products just because of an LG tv?

It is no secret that you don’t give a d*mn about NL or the post ML products.

I do!

The thought of a WiSA Ready LG as the saviour for (former) B&O costumers is way out.

It is just a tv like many other tv’s.

MM

Page 7 of 60 (899 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL