Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 959 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

Now we just need Peter to chip in with some PANart™ of a "rumored" soundbar...  

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,276 Posts
Bronze Member

BEOVOX141:

Would that make you believe in it, then?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
243 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

BEOVOX141:

MM

Isn't that what the real Peter Pan said when Tinker Bell was dying, or was that when he read the Annual Report? 

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

Millemissen:

MM

Not really,- the dingle dongle supposedly on sale in B&O stores and shown about a million times is still vaporware Big Smile 

Apart from that,- the "bar" in question will soon be open for business! 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member

Smile BEOVOX141.  Speculation and rumour - - - LG Harmony appears to come with eARC and HDCP 2.3.

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
814 Posts
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Thu, Jul 25 2019 11:51 PM
And did it ever say WiSA is compatible with Dolby Atmos?

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, and ambio 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member

@ DMacri. WiSA is compatible with 5.1 Surround sound. But when ?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,276 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry - no, not quite correct!

WiSA is just a wireless possibility for connecting speakers.

If you would have a WiSA capable multichannel audioprocessor, where you can combine wireless and wired connections (like those that B&O makes), a full Atmos setup would be possible using WiSA.

Only thing missing there is the support for Dolby Atmos!

From a ‘physical’ point of view, there are more than enough output connections available for a 7.2.4 Atmos setup - especially when you count in the speakers of the tv.

The concern in this case is not WiSA, but the missing Atmos processing.

Just to avoid misunderstandings - WiSA as used in an LG tv will never allow for Atmos, since WiSA by default only can carry up to 6 channels and can not be combined with any wired output in that tv.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,276 Posts
Bronze Member

BEOVOX141:

Millemissen:

MM

Not really,- the dingle dongle supposedly on sale in B&O stores and shown about a million times is still vaporware Big Smile 

Apart from that,- the "bar" in question will soon be open for business! 

The LG/OLEDs (with support for the WiSA Ready dongle) are not for sale in the shops yet (at least not in general).

Yes, you can order these online, but if you go to a dealer like Elgiganten, you will only find the 2008 models.

I guess LG is waiting (they sure still have some 2008 models to sell) untill after the IFA in September to launch the 2009 models generally.

After that the dongles should be on sale, where you can buy WiSA compatible speaker - so also in the B&O stores.

Be patient, my friend ๐Ÿ˜‰

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,276 Posts
Bronze Member

BEOVOX141:

He has already done so a couple of times.

But unlike a few beoworlders and the dealers he has not seen the photos, that are/were accessible - so that is just one more PANtastic contribution to the forum/s.

MM

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member

B&O's forthcoming adopted child is born. Stick out tongue

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
239 Posts
Bronze Member

The game continues.... Stupid me as I realise I'm adding fuel to a personal agenda.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

What a mess...  Some might prefer the undiluted B&O version... 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member

@ BEOVOX141 

The old BeoVision 9 plasma TV on the original Picture, is the only one you want to keep.. Stick out tongue

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,276 Posts
Bronze Member

mawheele:

The game continues.... Stupid me as I realise I'm adding fuel to a personal agenda.

It is a game of love ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ•บ

MM

Page 57 of 64 (960 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 55 56 57 58 59 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL