Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 880 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,720 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,201 Posts
Bronze Member

That is one of Henriks old setups.

Nowadays he is using a BV Eclipse with 2x BL50 and 2x BL12-3.

No Atmos there.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
455 Posts
Founder

Peter Pan:

@ kuyttendaele

Green Atmos Cinema of Vejrup. - Click here.

Remember sound during playback. Yes - thumbs up

Nope not interested in that kind of setup.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,720 Posts
Bronze Member

09 Jul 2019. Rasmus Larsen.
LG Display's second OLED TV plant to begin full operations next month. - Click here.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,300 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan:

09 Jul 2019. Rasmus Larsen. LG Display's second OLED TV plant to begin full operations next month. - Click here .

Thanks. Interesting article.

Maybe they’re projecting increased BeoVision sales Cool
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,720 Posts
Bronze Member

11 Jul 2019. Rasmus Larsen. - Bang & Olufsen soundbar in the works - Click here.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,720 Posts
Bronze Member

Emilos88:
Video showing Harmony setup / New video. - Click here.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,720 Posts
Bronze Member

flatpanelshd.com - About audio from LG C9 OLED

We would prefer better actual speaker units and hardware but there are of course obvious limits
to what can be achieved in a TV. The 'AI Sound' system managed to widen the sound space from
a relatively limited and stuffy space to something much fuller. In action sequences and during
dialog, we think that many people will like the effect. For some genres of music, it can also help
"open up" sound but it sounds a little strange while listening to other genres of music. This is not
something for everyone but in some areas we were actually positively surprised.

LG C9 also supports Dolby Atmos but there is not much to gain with the built-in speakers. If you
want a good Atmos experience or a great audio experience in general, you should connect C9 to
an external sound system.

LG's new OLED TVs are 'WiSA Ready', which means that you can connect a WiSA dongle to
enable wireless audio output. Several manufacturers are already selling WiSA compatible
speakers that can be connected to LG TVs in up to 5.1 surround.
________________________________________________________________________________

I could have thought I had read more about the Dolby Atmos system integrated into this TV. 
Why the system can only convert stereo sound to simulated 5.1. LG could well have given the
possibility of connecting 5.1 speaker setup.

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,720 Posts
Bronze Member

Is it a Soundbar from Sennheiser B&O want to launch ?

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
455 Posts
Founder
Peter Pan:

Is it a Soundbar from Sennheiser B&O want to launch ?

Yep.. that’s the one!!!

Actually.. no.. this thing is just plain UGLY.

And what’s all the fuzz about Atmo????
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,720 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes - thumbs up And what’s all the fuzz about Atmo???? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VADRLiRnEQ

And 3D Audio.

The price is today at DKK 20,000. So little control as to Harmony,
then the price of AMbeo will probably double.

https://youtu.be/xmoH7m3YRaA

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
455 Posts
Founder
Peter Pan:

And what’s all the fuzz about Atmo???? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VADRLiRnEQ

And 3D Audio.

The price is today at DKK 20,000. So little control as to Harmony, then the price of AMbeo will probably double.

https://youtu.be/xmoH7m3YRaA

Aah yes.. 3D audio... like all the 3D screen stuff that never took off.

Nope... I don’t get it. Plain simpel stereo will do for 95% of the people. Good 5.1 sound for movies will do for al lot of people... all that fancy Atlos stuff or 3D audio... not for me.

That’s one of the reasons why I opt for B&O. Keep it simple. Good quality over all that fancy stuff.
BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
632 Posts
Silver Member

kuyttendaele:
Nope... I don’t get it. Plain simpel stereo will do for 95% of the people

Not sure I agree here. Most people are complaining about how difficult is is to pick up the dialogue. Without a dedicated center you cannot properly fix that issue. 3.0 would properly be good enough.  

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,201 Posts
Bronze Member

BEOVOX141:

kuyttendaele:
Nope... I don’t get it. Plain simpel stereo will do for 95% of the people

Not sure I agree here. Most people are complaining about how difficult is is to pick up the dialogue. Without a dedicated center you cannot properly fix that issue. 3.0 would properly be good enough.  

The fact is that mono sound with video sources will do for 95% of the people.

Either they would not notice a difference - if they notice anything, it’s that they don’t understand the dialogue.

The way from complaining about this to setting up a proper 3.0 system with their tv is loooong, for most people too long.

We should welcome the efford from B&O to include a 3.0 speaker system with several of their latest BV’s.

I guess that we will see a similar construction in the coming soundbar/s.

Nowadays only very few costumers will opt for a full 5.1 setup with external speakers - most of these are asking for a wireless solution/WiSA.

Hopefully B&O will continue to make this possible in the future.

So I agree with BEOVOX141, that a properly tuned (and therefore dedicated) center channel ought to be mandatory for listening to video content.

P.S. Luckily some people go for some kind of soundbar addition to their tv nowadays.

There are some good ones out there, but also some, that mainly sell on boosting the audio with ‘3D effects’.....at first listen very impressive.

The big question is, can B&O make it better?

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,201 Posts
Bronze Member

Deutchkundige (and Translate users) können dies lesen.

https://www.4kfilme.de/bang-olufsen-soundbar-und-88-zoll-8k-oled-in-arbeit/

The ‘lost’ video is there too....and now also on Youtube

https://youtu.be/-k-vSzJGJMo

MM

Page 55 of 59 (881 items) « First ... < Previous 53 54 55 56 57 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL