Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG 2019 OLED TV- WiSA Wireless- Soundbar- Dolby Atmos audio.

Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 957 Replies | 2 Followers

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member
Peter Pan posted on Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:40 AM

For Home Entertainment Via LG’s 2019 Line-Up of OLED and Flagship UHD/LCD WiSA Ready TVs

Click here. - Click here.

LG TV line for March / April, these things get HOT. We write about LG 4K TVs 2019 lineups -
HDMI 2.1 - eARC system, - Audio accessories - WiSA. If you have news now, write. Thanks. Yes - thumbs up

All Replies

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member
chickenceo
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member

This is what I am doing right now, but since the decoding is done at C8, I wonder if there is something smaller that can replace the Pre-amp. Of course, a Beosystem 3 is a nice alternative which allows the use Beoremote too.Yes

BL8000, BL10, BL4000, BL2, BL3 (Sold), Beocentre 2, Pioneer LX83 amp, LG C8

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
127 Posts
Gold Member

Peter Pan:

Just a warning about this surround processor . It is not able to decode any of the recent audio codecs such as DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, and Atmos. Is is not even able to decode multichannel PCM. 

B&O will come with their own surround processor. Look at the Harmony.

Regards,

Jean

chickenceo
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member
Mmmm, for that price I would go for BS3.

chickenceo
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member

Only Center channel and LR?

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member

jvezina:
Just a warning about this surround processor. It is not able to
decode any of the recent audio codecs such as DTS-HD, Dolby
TrueHD, and Atmos. Is is not even able to decode multichannel PCM.

@ chickenceo. Unfortunately, this is the same problem with BeoSystem 3. Embarrassed 

/ Peter Pan.

Overview click here.

chickenceo
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member

I have to admit I am not very good with all this. But if C8 (or the TV) can decode HD-DTS/ Dolby HD etc, wouldn’t BS3 be sufficient acting as a hub for the speakers? Or it simply lack the capabilities to output the HD source?

chickenceo
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member

While we are at this, does anyone know why when C8 audio is set to PCM, the pre-amp will only recognize it as stereo instead of multichannel? Using Auto is no problem.

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

chickenceo:

While we are at this, does anyone know why when C8 audio is set to PCM, the pre-amp will only recognize it as stereo instead of multichannel? Using Auto is no problem.

When you ask a question try to be specific.

What audio, which preamp, what signal, what is not a problem etc... most times a few pictures will do the trick!

Right now the answer is 42 Smile

BEOVOX141
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark, West
698 Posts
Silver Member

chickenceo:

I have to admit I am not very good with all this. But if C8 (or the TV) can decode HD-DTS/ Dolby HD etc, wouldn’t BS3 be sufficient acting as a hub for the speakers? Or it simply lack the capabilities to output the HD source?

The lack of HD sound decoding in all B&O equipment, is sadly a testament to the utter complacency of the company.

That being said, the are other ways of achieving what you need with the BS3. Basically you just need to feed it with a multi channel PCM input.

The BS3 is is still by far the best of what B&O could offer in that category.

chickenceo
Not Ranked
30 Posts
Bronze Member

Currently setup is like this: Apple TV HDMI -> LG C8 -> optical out audio  -> Pioneer LX83 preamp-> Beolab speakers. The question for those familiar with LG, is why optical audio output set at AUTO will result in preamp only recognize it as stereo instead of multichannel? 

Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member

@ chickenceo. Here you find answers to LG 2018 questions. Use - https://translate.google.com/

LG 2018 - https://www.flatpanels.dk/flatforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41048

pauliander
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Bronze Member
Can you hook up a 4K TV with a Beosystem 3? That would solve a lot...

I am still waiting for B&O to launch a new Beosystem but perhaps I am the only one and other solutions are possibleUnsure
Peter Pan
Top 50 Contributor
1,779 Posts
Bronze Member

pauliander:
I am still waiting for B&O to launch a new Beosystem

Me too. Yes - thumbs up

Page 53 of 64 (958 items) « First ... < Previous 51 52 53 54 55 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL